Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello

    Stands up: Hello, my name is Danny I'm from the UK and I'm a V-drum addict. I'm new here.

    Finally got myself a TD-3KW last week as I've always wanted a drum kit. Decided on this as I live in a flat and didn't want to annoy my neighbours. Well, so much for me being considerate as I've already had a complaint from the person who lives above me. He could hear me banging away the other day. He said he'd already knocked on my door once, but I had my head phones on whilst drumming so didn't hear him. It's really put a damper on things now as I was really getting into it as I'm a complete beginner. I was only playing during the day too for about an hour. I've come to an agreement with him and have moved my kit into my bedroom. He says this is better now.

    Anybody else had any complaints from using a V-Drum? I told him he's lucky that I didn't buy an acoustic set and he said I should go and live out in the country if I want to play drums.

    Oh, well, it's knocked a bit of the fun out of it now, but I'm not going to let me put me off. None of my other neighbours could hear me and I checked with them just to make sure.

    Cheers,

    Danny

  • #2
    Your neighbor is probably hearing the kick pedal slapping the KD-8. Try wrapping the pad with a towel or something.

    Comment


    • #3
      Only complaint is from the wife when she is watching TV. Welcome to the forums Danny!

      Chris

      Comment


      • #4
        Welcome Danny,

        There are certainly some narcs in the world - just think what a sad case someone is who doesn't like drums....but then again it's probably better that we are such a select and unique group

        It's surprising the person above complained - it must be the kick slap rather than the floor vibration......a softer felt beater may help for your KD.

        Just let him wait until you can do KD work like someone of Simon Phillips calibre - then he'll have something to whinge about.

        Comment


        • #5
          Welcome, watch that GAS......

          There's LOADS on the forum about making less noise, mostly indeed directed at the kick. I found the tennis ball platform worked for my situation, plus lots of rubber matting. Get searching the forum or come back if you can't find what you need.

          Roger

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by benthad View Post
            Stands up: Hello, my name is Danny I'm from the UK and I'm a V-drum addict. I'm new here.

            Finally got myself a TD-3KW last week as I've always wanted a drum kit. Decided on this as I live in a flat and didn't want to annoy my neighbours. Well, so much for me being considerate as I've already had a complaint from the person who lives above me. He could hear me banging away the other day. He said he'd already knocked on my door once, but I had my head phones on whilst drumming so didn't hear him. It's really put a damper on things now as I was really getting into it as I'm a complete beginner. I was only playing during the day too for about an hour. I've come to an agreement with him and have moved my kit into my bedroom. He says this is better now.

            Anybody else had any complaints from using a V-Drum? I told him he's lucky that I didn't buy an acoustic set and he said I should go and live out in the country if I want to play drums.

            Oh, well, it's knocked a bit of the fun out of it now, but I'm not going to let me put me off. None of my other neighbours could hear me and I checked with them just to make sure.

            Cheers,

            Danny

            Welcome Danny,

            i am a new member here too, been given a very nice welcome too. I am sure you'll like it here as much as i do. Great to have another UK member here too


            Comment


            • #7
              I wish the neighbors would just take their hearing aids out at night, Then they would not hear us drumming. LOL!!

              Welcome to the forum Danny
              Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

              Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

              My drum kit

              Comment


              • #8
                Welcome!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iceroid View Post
                  Your neighbor is probably hearing the kick pedal slapping the KD-8. Try wrapping the pad with a towel or something.
                  Try wrapping the neighbor in clingfilm. What dya mean I cant say that.

                  My nearest neighbor is 500 yds away. I'll need an A kit to get him.

                  When I first got an A kit back in 60s, I got complaints from 1/4 mile away.

                  I had a map on the wall and every time I got a complaint, Id stick a pin in it to record the distance. All added to the fun.

                  Welcome Danny. Speak up Im a bit deaf.
                  Last edited by John.b; 06-12-08, 07:55 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for your replies all and the warm welcome. The towel around the kick pad was a great idea. The idea about wrapping my neighbour in cling film is class, I'm going out tomorrow to buy a few rolls!

                    And hi Dee, I've just moved to Devon from Leamington Spa! Damn we could have given each other lessons

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by benthad View Post
                      And hi Dee, I've just moved to Devon from Leamington Spa! Damn we could have given each other lessons
                      Tell me about Leamington Spa ain't too far from me. Devon is much nicer tho


                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X