Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum members!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum members!!!

There are approx 12,176 forum members registered here... where the hell are they all?!?!

All over the world, working, sleeping, outside getting exercise. I'll be sleeping soon so I can work tomorrow to make money to help support my drum habit...
    My Kit
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

They come and go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Some of those 12,000 odd have computers permanently connected via an IV drip and logged into this forum while others have to swim across vast reaches of ocean just to get online.......

......sheesh, where the hell did that explanation come from?!!!..... (I have a vivid imagination!!)

Comment

Every once in a while I calculate how many active members there are. If you only count users who have made 100 posts, there are only 413 active members. I don't think I could do it, but it would be interesting to find out how many different users have posted in the last 3 months.
          sigpic

Comment

There's an option in vBulletin AdminCP to display total member count and active members on the forum home page in the footer. The active member display (if enabled) shows the number of members that have logged in within a set number of days (the number of days is adjustable in AdminCP too).
            'Active members' display is currently turned off here.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
              I don't think I could do it, but it would be interesting to find out how many different users have posted in the last 3 months.
              At Members List, Search Members, Advanced Search you can specify Last Post is After yyyy-mm-dd, and it shows 1156 users posted in the last three months (and 1930 in the last six months).

So I guess, of the 12,000 users who have registered, only about 2,000 are still active.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                At Members List, Search Members, Advanced Search you can specify Last Post is After yyyy-mm-dd, and it shows 1156 users posted in the last three months (and 1930 in the last six months).

So I guess, of the 12,000 users who have registered, only about 2,000 are still active.

Bruce

That is what i meant, I noticed 95% of all the registered users haven't posted anything. Was just curious.

Comment

Many of them come to research. Many MANY of them are banned spammers. (but I think they still show as a numbered member)
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Alrighty then. Now that I am a vdrum guy I will post here daily, except weekends. I have to fight for PC time with the kids then.

Anyway.I have my own site to manage. I am a Mod on KISSfansite, I am a member of accuweather's site as well. And all of this while at work.

I may be spread a little thin. But I will be in from time to time.

Home kit - HD1
                    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
                    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                      Many MANY of them are banned spammers. (but I think they still show as a numbered member)
                      That was what I figured as soon as I started reading this thread and also figured would have already been said by the time I read them all.

From what I've seen on this board probably way way more than half the registered members are really spammers that are banned or should be but never posted anything.

Comment

Yeah. Banning a member will prevent them logging in but will not remove them from the database. Only admin can physically delete members. However, deleting a member effectively removes their login email so they can then re-register with the same email address and post spam again. Better to leave them in the database as banned.

Comment

That is the way to do it. Leave in as banned in the database. I've seen this before on other boards.

Home kit - HD1
                          Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
                          www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

Comment

We have 4300 banned users, probably about 4280 are spammers , and I would say that we have at least 1000 spammers that aren't banned.

Comment

I'm Here

I'm here, not sure what number posting this will be, but well below 100 I rather think.

I also don't log in very often as I don't like having the most resent posting at the top, I like to cycle through to the end posting (as when not logged in). Can't find a way to change that. Another reason my posting is low - bit of a nuisance to log in each time to post and then log out to get the chronological order I like.

BUT!!!! I do check Today's Posts repeatedly throughout the day (at work).

Finally I am not sure how much value I have to add to the forums at the moment. For the time being I am just being a bit of a sponge and amassing knowledge from the FAR more knowledgeable people out there.

Maybe I'll post some pics of my kit soon. Been living off SuperPuss' GAS to be honest

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41835

Comment

Working...
                              X