Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to drums.. wanted to say hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to drums.. wanted to say hey

Hey all!

I've been here a while but never actually posted (joined to research some diy e-drums).

Just recently - finally - got a chance to start learning. I'm a pro bassist and though I've wanted to learn to drum for years, never really had the time or opportunity to invest myself. On a recent whim I bought (please don't laugh ) an Alesis/ION kit from Target (and to complete the setup - another 5 pads and a 2nd frame on ebay - have a bass drum pedal and putting that with a custom frame/pad instead of the crap pedal included).

It's not much I know, but it's good enough for me to get started with, and it's definitely lit that fire. When I can better appreciate higher quality gear, I'll definitely upgrade. In the meantime - pic!

I'm in the process of building a home studio (hence the unfinished paint - putting in new floors, sound proofing, etc) and when finished, I'm going to be augmenting the setup with a PA. I've already done some experiments with the kits included in Apple's Garageband (unbelievable how realistic/humanistic they sound) and I might start using those instead of the stock SR-16 samples.
    Attached Files

By the looks of it, you have long arms!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Vdrums is a great edrumming resource.
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post
        By the looks of it, you have long arms!
        Haha.. I'm 6'5" - a little tall!

Comment

Working...
        X