Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back ..

Greetings from upstate NY - USA. Just joined tonight, posted my first thread (this would be my second). Lets see .. something about myself ...I owned a set of Pearl drums in the late 70's - garage band and all that .. had a few non-paying gigs. Ended up trading the drum set for a custom van (ouch - thought it was a good idea at the time) Over the past 30plus years I had always thought of myself as being a decent drummer ... getting back into it a few years ago (with a DIY kit - Yamaha DTxpress brain with converted Remo practice pads) I realize I wasn't all I thought I was. If we had this dang internet back then ... well .. you know what I mean.
    Anyways .... thanks for listening ... and thanks for letting me through the door.

see ya all around ..
    Roland TD12KX V Drums

I think a lot of us have discovered we are not all that we thought we are. I am still working hard to acheive mediocrity!

Show us some pics of your kit!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi, and welcome to our small community on the net. I feel at home when posting here
      TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
      Loving it every second..

Comment

Thanks !

Thanks very much rbressers! I've been browsing the forum(s) ... checking things out. It seems like a good group here. Sharing, helping each other out .. oh and I especially enjoy the banter between some of the regulars. I'm thinking I should get myself a Roland kit...
        Roland TD12KX V Drums

Comment

Originally posted by wannab View Post
          I'm thinking I should get myself a Roland kit...
          It feels good to admit that you want a Roland Kit. Then you can be a Roland WHore like me! Heh.
          sigpic

Comment

LOL ... it's all part of the 12 step program right?
            Roland TD12KX V Drums

Comment

LOL ... it's all part of the 12 step program right?
              The 12 step program comes after you are infected with GAS

Comment

Gas?

I wasn't gonna post this (at a risk of sounding stupid for all to see) but I have no clue what GAS is ... (SuperPuss please ignore my PM)
                Roland TD12KX V Drums

Comment

I wasn't gonna post this (at a risk of sounding stupid for all to see) but I have no clue what GAS is ... (SuperPuss please ignore my PM)
                  GAS is the Gear Acquisition Syndrome.. In other words.. YES you will buy a TD-20 next year and YES you will upgrade every damn thing on your Roland kit the next few years.. Why? It's an addiction
                  TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                  Loving it every second..

Comment

If you note my location, I live in the Mecca of 12 Step Programs. In fact, I used to live 2 blocks from Dr. Bob's house. Which is now a museum/shrine.

Every Sunday I host a GAS recovery program. But it usually breaks up with all of us going to a local shop to buy new pads and cymbals.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
                      GAS is the Gear Acquisition Syndrome.. In other words.. YES you will buy a TD-20 next year and YES you will upgrade every damn thing on your Roland kit the next few years.. Why? It's an addiction
                      Or, sometimes you'll upgrade everything in sight in a matter of months

Comment

Working...
                      X