Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New V-Drum Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V-Drum Owner

Hi everyone,

I am now the proud owner of a TD-20s BK set. it will be going with the Iron Cobra power glide double pedal and matching kevlar strap Iron Cobra Hat Stand. I have always played Acoustics and met the neighbors quite a few times because of them. I have been reading and following this forum now for over a year now and have now finally bought the drums. With the June 1st price increase I was on the fence. So, I took the dive. I got a great deal on them! I have never formally introduced myself here so I guess that is what this is. I have been playing drums since I was 12. I have a heavy marching background (Drum Corps) and was an active participant in WGI Indoor Percussion from 1995 to 1999 receiving the bronze medal in Scholastic Concert class in 1998 World Championships. From 1999 until present, I have instructed, written and consulted for various High School and College groups. I am mega-excited about this because I have played drumkit with various bands over the years but always had to practice on pads or at the school. I can finally teach private lessons and practice in my own home without being a huge disturbance. This is by far my favorite forum on the net because the community here is great. I love how if somebody can't figure something out, someone else almost always has the answer or leads them to a place where it can be found. So, there it is...my formal introduction. It's great to be in such a cool and positive place.

Neil
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    sigpic
    -----Visit My Website-----

Electronic: Roland TD-20s BK. V Expressions Drummer's Dream Pack
    Headphones: beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
    Acoustic: Drum Workshop Pacific CX Series Silver Mist, Pearl FFX Wood Grain Marching Snare, Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal, Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand, TAMA Ergo-Rider Quartet with Backrest Drum Throne, Crapload of cymbals and accessories.

-----Visit My YouTube Channel-----

Welcome

The 20 no less looks like you went all out Even though I play e drums, I own a condo (Fancy term for apartment living) I have met some neighbors too, due to lousy soundproofing. I spent approx $220 for a few layers of rubber matt flooring which eventually fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Bobvan; 05-25-08, 06:22 PM.
    Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Welcome Neil. Nice to have you aboard. No doubt with your training your fully conversant with rudiments and that will be a great help here Im sure.

And straight in at the high end. Im impressed.

Comment

Sweet...Birmingham. I have meet several Alabama guys on here before but no one from Birmingham. If you need anything let me know. Where did you go to college? Are you originally from B'ham? High School?

Comment

Originally posted by jjdrumz View Post
          Sweet...Birmingham. I have meet several Alabama guys on here before but no one from Birmingham. If you need anything let me know. Where did you go to college? Are you originally from B'ham? High School?
          Gotta ask whats G.A.S. ?? I realize its an acronym and it has to do with burning cash on v drums

Comment

Some people have different meanings but it was originally gear acquisition syndrome.

Comment

jjdrumz - pm'd you.
              sigpic

Acoustic: Drum Workshop Pacific CX Series Silver Mist, Pearl FFX Wood Grain Marching Snare, Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal, Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand, TAMA Ergo-Rider Quartet with Backrest Drum Throne, Crapload of cymbals and accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdrumz View Post
                Some people have different meanings but it was originally gear acquisition syndrome.
                Thanks brother il keep your stuff in mind should I decide to upgrade my KD-8 to a 85 later on. Too bad I did not know of your stuff a few weeks back. I bought a add on PD-85 for my TD-9 on ebay.

Comment

Welcome nhollowman, congrats on the TD-20 kit. With the prices going up, I know I'll never be able to afford one. Good to hear you come from a marching back ground. I was happy to do my 5 years on the march. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything...well... maybe a TD-20

Comment

Hey have you checked out the new Roland marching drum? Here's a link.
                    www.roland.com/products/en/RMP-12/index.html

Comment

Yeah I saw the new marching drum recently. It looks like it will really open up some possibilities for percussion sections. I remember back in 2000 or 2001 WGI World Championships we saw Fountain Valley High School from California. They actually had a wireless homemade version of that on the snares. It blew us away. They were so ahead of the times.
                      sigpic

Comment

just thought I'd pass this along. With the Price of the td-20s what they are and expected increase, have any of you considered e-bay? I bought mine off of e-bay last week and got them for $3,900. They are in great shape and everything works. You might give it a try.

Comment

Always nice to see another drum corps vet joining our little club. There are lots of us around here. Welcome aboard!
                          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome!

Neil,

TD-20... Good Choice man! It doesnt get any better than that. Next what you need to do is get a 512MB CF Card. Then goto www.vexpressionsltd.com and multiply your aresenal of custom/artist made kits. Check out all of the differnt packages... they are amazing! Ever since i bought a few packages... I barealy ever play the factory kits anymore. The VEX kits blow the stock kits straight out of the water. But anyway... Glad we have another great v-drummer on this site.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns with your TD20

By the way here is my kit:

Talk to you later!
                            Josh

I highly recommend kits from V-Expressions.

Comment

Working...
                            X