Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I'll say Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I'll say Hello

Hi everyone! I joined this forum last week some time but just now got around to introducing myself. My love for dums started back in high school. I was in Jazz band (trumpet) and my best friend was the drummer. I started learning Metallica songs on my legs, which works for building up coordination but thats about all and most (newer) Metallica songs are simple. That was 5-6 years ago. Then a year and a half ago I friend let me borrow his kit while he was off at college, a Mapex 6 piece with double bass. But I didn't get to play it much because I still lived at my parents house at the time and it was just too loud. So, I live in an apartment now and about a month and a half ago I got a TD-6SW for graduation (from College). And I have been playing the crap out of it. I have another PD-8 and CY-8 on the way. I'm moving torward a TD-20 but it'll take a while...

So, thats my story. I love drums!
    TD-6V Module, 3 PD-8s (soon to be 4), 2 CY-8s (soon to be 3), 1 CY-5, KD-8 with double Left footed Pearl Eliminators, FD-8 HH control.

Originally posted by EyeOne View Post
    I have another PD-8 and CY-8 on the way. I'm moving torward a TD-20 but it'll take a while...
    Oh yeah.. You just showed your first signs of G.A.S. . Hang in there .
    Great to hear that a trumpet player moves to playing drums. Do you still play trumpet once in a while?

Have fun!
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

Comment

I started learning Metallica songs ... That was 5-6 years ago.
      You're not the only one who started trying to learn Metallica songs back in high school. But, unfortunately for many of us, it was a LOT longer than five or six years ago!

Keep it up, and welcome to our little club.
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Yes I definitely have GAS. And unfortunatly with rent, car payments, insurance, and crap like that I can't buy everything I want....

Yes, I still play my trumpet some. I'm going to join an Alumni Band at the College I went to so I can still play. I do enjoy it too.

Sorry Vadar! haha
        TD-6V Module, 3 PD-8s (soon to be 4), 2 CY-8s (soon to be 3), 1 CY-5, KD-8 with double Left footed Pearl Eliminators, FD-8 HH control.

Comment

I started learning Metallica songs on my legs, which works for building up coordination but thats about all and most (newer) Metallica songs are simple. That was 5-6 years ago.
          Plus, most newer Metallica songs blow (St Anger ). I hope this new album is a return to the Metallica we loved back in the 80s (I hear ya Vader!). Welcome to the board!
          Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
          "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

True. They do suck, but are a nice place to start learning grooves. And St. Anger was the biggest pile of turd I've ever heard.

I've hear some ok stuff from the new album. I think Metallica has just completely forgotten how to write music.

Comment

Working...
            X