Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a TD-8 kit! .. bye bye TD-3 , see pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a TD-8 kit! .. bye bye TD-3 , see pic

Wow, what a difference! I had the TD-3 at home for about a year and really liked it but I always dreamed of owning an all mesh kit. Well, I finally took the plunge and got a really good deal on a complete TD-8 kit, which included the KD-80 kick drum. I saved two PD-8's from my old kit and added them to the kit as you can see in the pic. Now, It'll probably take a few years to learn the new module but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
    Cheers!
    Attached Files

Great stuff and welcome aboard. You'll find plenty of kindred spirits here
    I'm in the process of converting my kit to all mesh too.

Comment

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your purchase. The TD-8 is great bang for the buck.
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Welcome I had the 8's a few years back nice kit played live with them a few times. Puss I seen pics of your kit its sick!
        Last edited by Bobvan; 05-23-08, 01:44 AM.
        Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Don't be too hasty in getting rid of your TD-3. You may need it when you run out of inputs on the 8!!
          . digitalDrummer
          Review index

Comment

Very popular upgrade that one, I replaced my td3 module with a td8 recently and got all mesh pads as well. And got good money for the td3, pd8's and kd8 on ebay which was also very sweet...
            My Kit
            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Congrats!

Congratulations on an awesome upgrade! I know the feeling.. the mesh head pads change everything. I just recently ditched my TD-6 Kit and built a custom kit with a TD-20 and all mesh pads. The difference that the mesh pads make is amazing.

I hope you're enjoying your new kit!!
              Josh

I highly recommend kits from V-Expressions.

Comment

Congratulations. You made a great choice. Welcome to the forum!
                TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                Loving it every second..

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input. I've been playing the TD-8 kit for two days straight and sweating my ass off, just using the factory pre-sets. I just can't wait to better learn the module, it seems to be a heck of a lot more difficult to manage.
                  Last edited by TD-eight; 05-29-08, 07:58 AM.

Comment

You should go check out http://www.vexpressionsltd.com .. They have awesome kits for all the different modules. They have artist kits, different brand name kits, gigging kits of some of the biggest touring bands of the 80's and 90's and all kinds of other great kits modeled after acoustic kits. They blow the stock kits away. Those guys are awesome at what they do. So anyway, its just a suggestion. I hope you're still enjoying your new kit.
                    Josh

I highly recommend kits from V-Expressions.

Comment

I second the post above. Someone said that the stock kits represent the worst sounds you can get out of the TD8. Try the Master 50 Vex collection and you won't believe it's the same module!
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

Comment

Working...
                      X