Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie questions on TD-6SW and Handsonic HPD-15d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie questions on TD-6SW and Handsonic HPD-15d

Just bought the TD-6SW kit and the Handsonic HPD-15d.

1) Is there any way to increase the volume on the hi-hat when you are just closing it with the foot pedal (not hitting with a stick)? The thing barely registers. I have already tried going in the EDIT pages and it's already on 127, I believe.

2) Does this web site include Handsonic players? If so, do you know of any web sites where folks have posted new drum sounds to program into the machine? It cannot take downloads etc., but one can tweak the sounds already in it, yes?

Thanks! and it's great to find this site now that I'm a drummer (of sorts)--mainly a keys and guitar guy.
    "No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up."--Lily Tomlin

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."--Aldous Huxley

Welcome!

1) The pedal volume on a TD-6 is at KIT, EDIT, COMMON, Pedal HH Vol and can go up to 15, but you need to set this in each kit.

2) We certainly have some members using Handsonics. I don't know of any sites which list tweaks for HPD sounds, but this free software for the HPD-15 should make changes much easier; Handsonic Controller

Bruce

Comment

BarT,

Thanks so much for the info!

I adjusted several V-drum kits and going to "15" for the HH helps; but I wish I could go higher. I suppose one could turn down every other pad and get more HH that way, but seems like Roland should have made it easier.

But WOW! thanks for the link to the Handsonic online world! I'm looking into that software etc. I don't know how to link a MIDI instrument to my PC, but looks like it's time to learn.

Thanks again!
      "No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up."--Lily Tomlin

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."--Aldous Huxley

Comment

Working...
      X