Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the place for comedy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the place for comedy?

I'm a forumite of many forums, and most of them have a section for posting jokes, humorous pictures and such for brevity. I think this helps to get to know folks better, and bring the community together for some laughs. So....is this the place, or are you folks all about business?

I am not sure I have seen a section of this forum that isn't for posting jokes. If there was one section that fits the best then that is the Lounge.

Comment

We're basically "on-topic" 99% of the time... but occassional off-topic threads come and go from time to time.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...highlight=joke

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Then I'll make it a point to post laughable content in the lounge section then.

AMONLINE: We're basically "on-topic" 99% of the time

There's no hope for brevity? I come from a peoples who use brevity to bring folks together and unite each other through their common experiences in a comedic way.....makes for a tight forum......no?

Comment

Originally posted by SPISHAK View Post
            "...There's no hope for brevity? I come from a peoples who use brevity to bring folks together and unite each other through their common experiences in a comedic way.....makes for a tight forum......no?"
            Your point has been similarly presented here before.

There is quite a bit of humor on this board, and it usually fits in one of 2 categories:

1. Humor related to the topic of direction of the particular thread.

2. Other humor that does indeed bond us in our common interests - but avoids subjects and topics (mostly politics, religious theory, etc) that often seem to divide and escalate into controversy and responses that do just the opposite than bond people.

When you have board participants who are from so many different places around the world, possessing so many different beliefs, with various lifestyles, differing musical types, and especially different personal beliefs - it is easy for many off-topic contributions to actually offend or be taken the wrong way, which in turn has the opposite effect than to bring people together.

If you look at some perpetual threads like "Word Association" and "The Last Post", you'll see examples of threads that basically accomplish what you mentioned as far as using some comedy and/or levity to bond people while occasionally staying in a musical theme but avoiding controversial subjects.
            Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

what do they call a scruffy guy who has a van and hangs around with musicians..?

..the drummer

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
              :cool:
              ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mystic fred View Post
                what do they call a scruffy guy who has a van and hangs around with musicians..?

..the drummer

On behalf of the forum's Stay On-Topic Police, we regret to inform you that you have now used half of this thread's joke allowance. Some leniency has been shown for posting a joke that is "on-topic" and mitigating circumstances (use of smilies). However, we must warn you that any attempts to deviate beyond the imaginary laughter line we've drawn in the soft and shifting sand of the V-drum cyberspace beach will not be tolerated and will result in serious punishment... such as compulsory enrollment at Michael Render's Clown Academy

Oh dang! There goes the rest of the allowance!

Comment

Balanced

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                  On behalf of the forum's Stay On-Topic Police, we regret to inform you that you have now used half of this thread's joke allowance. Some leniency has been shown for posting a joke that is "on-topic" and mitigating circumstances (use of smilies). However, we must warn you that any attempts to deviate beyond the imaginary laughter line we've drawn in the soft and shifting sand of the V-drum cyberspace beach will not be tolerated and will result in serious punishment... such as compulsory enrollment at Michael Render's Clown Academy

Oh dang! There goes the rest of the allowance!
                  my drumming stinks boo hoo i'm old ... nobody loves me ... Michael Render never posted pics of the swap meet and he got a cheap DW kit, not fair

There ya go i've just rebalanced the laughter line so now some more mayhem can be added

oops! carefull
                  WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
                  YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
                  FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
                  :eek: ...
                  Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
                  Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

such as compulsory enrollment at Michael Render's Clown Academy
                    I like to think of it more as a boot camp than an academy.
                    "Drop and give me 20... pies to the face!"
                    sigpic

Comment

... such as compulsory enrollment at Michael Render's Clown Academy ...
                      That ain't funny.
                      Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by SPISHAK View Post
                        There's no hope for brevity? I come from a peoples who use brevity to bring folks together and unite each other through their common experiences in a comedic way.....makes for a tight forum......no?
                        No, the LEVITY here is sometimes very long-winded.

Bruce

Comment

another one...

A noob bass player returns home from his first lesson, his girlfriend says -
                          "hey, how did you get on..?"
                          "great - today i learned to play an A..!"

The next day he returned home from his lesson -
                          "what did you learn today..?"
                          "I learned to play a D "

The next day he returned home -
                          " Today I learned E "

The next day he returned home -
                          "I didn't have a lesson today"
                          "why not?"

"....I got a gig!"

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
                          :cool:
                          ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                            No, the LEVITY here is sometimes very long-winded.

Bruce
                            Hmmmm.... more like the GAS around here is very long winded!!!

Comment

Joke Reserves Meter
                              | ......\................... |
                              | ........\................. |
                              | ..........\............... |
                              _________O_________

Release the comedy sniffer dogs!

Comment

Working...
                              X