Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone! New to the site but a veteran V-Drummer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone! New to the site but a veteran V-Drummer.

Hello all!

I have been visiting this site for a while but just decided to join. I just wanted to say hello to my fellow V-Drum enthusiasts. I am glad I now have a place to share my love for the future of drumming, Electronic Percussion, lead by Roland. Just as the electric guitar took over the acoustic guitar, electronic drums will one day overtake the acoustic drum. The current technology is amazing and you are unable to differentiate the sounds of modern electronic kits and acoustic kits.

All my friends, who are drummers, are "Anti-Electronic Drum" people. They believe that electronic drums are not "Real Drums". They spend thousands of dollars on microphones, muffling products, new heads and drum sheilds trying to get a good recording sound but they still sound like they are playing inside of a coffee can. All we (v-drummers) have to do is plug into the recording console and our sound is perfect... every time! Not to mention you can change the sound of your kit and the actual drum type with a press of a button.

I have been drumming since 1987 and have been V-Drumming since 1998. I also play guitar and bass. I have a full studio in my house and have enough equipment I could supply a full band with gear for gigging with a singer, 2 guitarists, a bassist and drummer but I have no band... LoL. So I write and record all of my own music by myself. I cannot find anyone that wants to play the same kind of music. Everyone wants to play that "Screamo" crap and music that you cant understand a word the singer says. As far as V-Drums, I started out with a little TD-5 kit with rubber pads, then a TD-6 Kit with rubber pads and the then new CY-6 cymbals.. now I have a custom Roland V-Drums Kit that I put together piece by piece. A TD-20 Module, MDS-10 Drum Rack, 4 PD105's Mesh drum pads, 2 CY14C's Cymbals, 1 CY12CR Cymbals, 1 CY15R Cymbal, 2 CY6's Cymbals, 5 PD-6's Pads, 2 KD-7's Kick triggers. I am still currently adding to it. I plan on replacing the KD-7's with a KD-120 along with a double bass pedal and the VH-12 Hi-Hat trigger. This all started 2 months ago as an upgrade to my TD-6 kit and ended up being a completely new kit all together.

I know that a lot of people who are debating whether or not to purchase a set of electronic drums come to this site, if you are one of those people.. dont hesitate any longer! Go get them! They are worth every penny! Especially if you are planning on recording or if you need to be able to practice silently (for example: at night, while the kids are sleeping or if you live in an apartment etc.) there is no other alternative.

So, to anyone who took the time to read this novel I have written thanks.. I hope it was worth it... haha. If anyone has any questions about my set up feel free to ask.

- Josh
    Josh

I highly recommend kits from V-Expressions.

G'Day from Australia Josh, As for Electronic replacing Acoustic, maybe one day but no time soon. Don't get me wrong I love my Vdrums...
    My Kit
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Originally posted by H3Hummer24 View Post
      ...So, to anyone who took the time to read this novel I have written thanks.. I hope it was worth it...
      Hey, it's just after 5 in the morning - you woke me up just to make me read that whole novel?

Sorry - couldn't resist. Just "Joshing" you.

You've obviously been lurking long enough here to know - or at least assume - that the not "Real Drums" and acoustic vs electronic issues have been points of discussion quite a bit here.

Welcome to the board. Now, may I please go back to sleep?
      Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Welcome aboard Hummer

I'm sure you'll find many kindred spirits (myself included) on this forum. While I haven't been playing drums anywhere remotely close to the time you have, I have, like you, built my own custom kit and have a house that more closely resembles a recording studio which is how I love it
        So much so that I have turned my passion into a career. I have visions in my head of buying a nice big block of land and building a BIG performance and recording space on it and living there (of course)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here (post some pics of your kit if you have some)

Comment

just finished your novelette - oh well... lunch break over...

welcome Josh!
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
          :cool:
          ;)

Comment

Welcome aboard Josh!
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Welcome Josh!
              Like you, I'm a BIG FAN of today's electronic drums. I've been playing drums since 1986 and it ALWAYS bothered me the "raw" drumset sound comparing to processed studio results (and I had a Yamaha Recording Custom/Zildjian K setup - and still, I could NEVER achieve the perfect sound outside the studio walls). VDrums solved my problem. Now I can play while hearing that wonderful EQ'd and processed drum sounds like on the CDs Also, I can play while my 3-year-old son is sleeping in the next room. That alone is reason enough to get a VDrums

Here's my kit: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=897

Once again, welcome!
              Last edited by RushMan; 05-12-08, 07:07 AM.
              Luiz Varanda - Atlanta, GA
              http://www.reasonlabs.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me..

SuperPuss- I had actually seen a lot of your videos on the internet before I even came to this site. They're pretty cool. How did you record the sound onto the video?

Alan - I really want some v expression kits. I am having trouble finding a V3.3 512MB CF Card that will work with my TD-20. Any suggestions where I could find those so I can buy a bunch of v expressions kits?

I will be taking a few pictures of my kit in the next day or two and I'll post them up.

Does anyone else have pictures of their kits??
                Josh

Comment

Hey Josh, email Chris through our support page. He can probably give you a good idea of where to get the card.
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

welcome to the club!

Comment

......SuperPuss- I had actually seen a lot of your videos on the internet before I even came to this site. They're pretty cool. How did you record the sound onto the video?.......
                      Thanks for the comps on my clips
                      I was just asked about the technical details of my clips in my kit evolution thread so I posted a fairly detailed reply HERE

Comment

Hi Josh, I'm always happy when a new guy has something to say. I agree with you, having spent many years as an acoustic drummer before changing to E's. The electronic flexability factor we have today just blows me away. I started E-drumming back when we used a Casio DZ-1 to input an Alesis HR-16. E-drums have all come a long way and the future is very exciting.

Comment

V-Expressions Kits

Alan,

Wow, I'm speechless! I just bought Programs kits 1, Gigging Kits 1, Top 50 Drummers 1 & 2 w/ the Bonus Exotics 1.. I have to commend you guys on your work. All the kits are dead on accurate... It's simply amazing! Be sure to let me know if you guys come out with some new ones. Thanks!

To everyone else...
                          Go get some kits from http://www.vexpressionsltd.com .. You will not be let down! These kits will greatly multiply your V-Drums experience and are great for recording. Don't even waste your time with the factory kits.

Also, if you are having trouble finding the smaller compact flash cards check eBay. I found a brand new Sandisk Ultra II 512MB card for $21. The guy I bought it from has a couple more for sale. I went to all the stores (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack and various camera stores) within 20 miles and was unable to find any cards under 1GB.

Anyway, Happy V-Drumming!
                          Josh

Comment

Awesome H3! I'm so glad you're enjoying them! Thanks for the kudos!

Check your email... I think you have a little something in there based on that combo.
                            Alan

Comment

Does anyone else have pictures of their kits??
                              www.catlake.co.uk ~ www.celticconfusion.co.uk

Currently using a Roland TD-6KX V-Tour Kit - click here for info!

Comment

Working...
                              X