Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

This was a cool find. I am in the beginning stages of buying my next kit and it was decided by me and my wife that the kit should be electronic to keep the peace and quite in the house.

I have been been a drummer since 1979, when I joined a drum and bugle corps at the ripe age of 11!!!

I haev only ever had acoustic sets and I went into retirement from drumming back in 1990. Now after all these years I want to start playing again.

I am curious as to the feedback I will get and am hoping to have some fun here too!

Home kit - HD1
    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

As a fellow fan of and one who has been influenced by the Catman, I say, "Welcome to the board!" As to getting e-drums...definitely go for it! After 30+ years of bass playing, I finally got my first drum set (e-drums) three years ago. It's never too late to start...or re-start in your case. What kit are you looking at?
    Last edited by Fullback32; 05-08-08, 11:00 AM.
    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Cool.

Thanks for kind words!

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Very very COOL! Welcome and we are certainly glad you are here! You will find a mountain of expertise on this forum so dig in. I'm only speaking for me, but I'm sure others would share the interest...I'd love to here some stories, life lessons and some philosophical musings from where you sit now in life after your incredible past.

Again, glad you are here so jump right on in!
        Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Welcome! I will say that I played acustic drums from 1983 - 1993, then had to stop when I moved to an apartment, got a real job and went to night school for my master's. After purchasing edrums for the same reasons you state above last year, I enjoy them more then my A's ... You can play them at 11PM at night when everyone is asleep, you can record them easily, and they sound a million times better then my CB700's ever did!

Comment

CB700's?!!!!!!

I have to laugh...that was my first kit too!!!!!!!

I graduated to a 7 piece Tama....that was my last kit, but took me thru my pro years.

I only wished I had never sold them.

But this is cool...if I never gig live again, with an ekit I can email tracks to friends who can law down other tracks etc.

If you want to hear what those old CB's sounded like....here's a couple of tracks I played on.

http://the9livesofpetercriss.freefor...able-t719.html
            Last edited by forpetessake; 05-08-08, 01:36 PM.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

welcome Pete!

didn't recognise you without the make-up...

....there is much you can teach us!
              http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
              :cool:
              ;)

Comment

Very funny!!!!!

Home kit - HD1

Comment

That's awesome! Yeah the last time I posted about my trusty CB700's I actually recieved a few replies about people that had them! I think we are going to start our own club!
                  with an ekit I can email tracks to friends who can law down other tracks etc.
                  That is exacty what I am doing right now, and its awesome. Download Reaper for this (IMHO). A lot of fun.

Enjoy.

Comment

Hi Pete. A lot of the guys here played A's in their gigging days and have now got back into drumming using these E's. I gigged from 63 to 88 on A's and after a 20 year lay off, my only way back into it again was with these Edrum thingies.

Welcome to the Asylum.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Welcome! You'll find there are several of us around here with drum corps roots. Happy to have you joining us!
                        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Thanks,.....and oh the drum corps stories I could tell.

Oh....and just thought I would throw this pic in. I love it!!!!!

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Working...
                          X