Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the primal beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the primal beat

Hi Everyone,

I'm another new guy to the forum from Australia (where? )...

It's great to see all these like-minded people sharing the drum - I viewed the forum over the last few days and just had to be involved.

fyi I started on Pearl then Gretsch (back in the 70s when eDrums only made that Baker Street sound) then took a 20 year break (why??? in hindsight). I stopped into a music shop about 6 months ago and had a whack on a Roland kit and was "snared" again - best thing I've done for years!

Good drumming all

Welcome to the board.. im from Australia as well. i have the same TD6V as you, its a great kit.

Comment

Welcome back to the world of drumming dude, great to see more Aussies taking an interest in the V's!! Keep smashin on those skins Jack and again, welcome to the forum. This site is ridgy-didge, true blue, fair dinkum, akkadakka bonza.. mate

Aaron
      "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
      Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

Another V-Drummer from the former prison colony! Welcome.
        And don't believe The Source, we are not Fair Dinkum - we are Excellent Dinkum.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, another Aussie Vdrummer who uses Protools
          Welcome aboard
          Which part of Aus are you from?

Slightly off topic but how are you finding PT4 with Vista?
          I'm still using 7.3.x with XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            Another V-Drummer from the former prison colony! Welcome.

Michael - when addressing Aussies we don't mention the words .."colony", "Queen", "prison", "convict", or "rugby world cup final 2003"...

...they don't like it..
            http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
            :cool:
            ;)

Comment

Hi to everyone,

Thanks for the kind welcome - much appreciated

Hi Superpuss,

I'm a few hrs south of Sydney by car - can't quite see your place from here

re ProTools 7.4; - I find the limitations are more in PT itself - no 64 bit compatibility, no RAID compatibility and only 24 audible tracks (without the Mastering add-on) but it is a great advance when you compare to cost of a PC to the cost of a tape multitrack with the same specs

The Vista side of it is excellent - good interface / good compatibility. The only downside is that 32bit apps only recognise 4GB RAM....I have 8GB that the BIOS can see but ....oh well...at least I'm ready when 64bit Vista is supported by PT...

Keep up the kit evolution

Comment

I guess a few hours south of Sydney would put you somewhere in the middle between Sydney and Geelong then.

Great to hear some positive experiences with PT and Vista and I hear you about the equivalent in tape based equipment.
                I didn't realise the Vista version of PT was limited to 24 voices. That would be a major limiting factor for me because many of my songs have more than 24 tracks playing at once. Even the 32 limit is sometimes a small issue but what we have available to us for the cost still blows my mind coming from a tape and razor blades background.
                I am planning on upgrading to a HD3 rig some time soon though and that is going to be awesome. A few more mastering jobs and some album sales will help

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                  Okay, you got me Mr Render.. It's all lies... Mr Render is spot on- the dinkumness of this forum is totally extreme.. far beyond extreme if I'm honest. The extremity of this forums dinkumness is simply mind blowing- seriously . This one time, we tried to get a dinkum reading using a supermeganeodinkumometer that we borrowed from M.I.T, but when we commenced measurement the supermeganeodinkumometer started shaking then got really hot and caught on fire !!! True story dude.. So yeah, beware.. dinkum-extreme...
                  "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

Comment

And all this time I thought Aussies spoke English...

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                      And all this time I thought Aussies spoke English...
                      Nah, we speak Aussie mate. Bugger the Queen's English is what I reckon!!

Comment

Strike me bloody pink mate, we only speak "straulian" Don't come the raw prawn with that "queens english" unless you wanna cop a bloody floggin and come a croppa... cobba!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                          I guess a few hours south of Sydney would put you somewhere in the middle between Sydney and Geelong then.

Great to hear some positive experiences with PT and Vista and I hear you about the equivalent in tape based equipment.
                          I didn't realise the Vista version of PT was limited to 24 voices. That would be a major limiting factor for me because many of my songs have more than 24 tracks playing at once. Even the 32 limit is sometimes a small issue but what we have available to us for the cost still blows my mind coming from a tape and razor blades background.
                          I am planning on upgrading to a HD3 rig some time soon though and that is going to be awesome. A few more mastering jobs and some album sales will help
                          Hi SuperPuss,

I stand corrected - PT7.4 allows 32 mono audible tracks (128 recordable tracks) - so no Vista limitation on that. I plan to add the Music Production Toolkit (after EOFY) to expand to 48 stereo tracks - I'll let you know how it runs then.

Comment

Hmmm... I wasn't aware of the Music Production Toolkit but a short visit to the Digi site and I'm looking at another case of GAS!!!
                            48 stereo tracks is worth the price alone for me. I use stereo tracks a lot in my mixes for synths and other stereo sources and with the 32 mono limitation (16 stereo), I often find myself wishing for a few extras.
                            The plugins would be useful but not a strong selling point for me. I have the Waves Mercury bundle which takes care of most of my plugin needs.

I would like to update my PC too. I'm still running an AMD single core CPU (3200) and some of my mixes tend to bog things down somewhat, especially if I'm using the Waves Impulse reverb which I LOVE.
                            I bet that quad core of yours packs some decent plugin power

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                              Hi Everyone,

I'm another new guy to the forum from Australia (where? )...

Good drumming all
                              Welcome Aussie Cousin. We know where you are mate. Down near the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                              X