Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to thread, and a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to thread, and a question?

Hi guys, i played rockband and loved the game so i decided to buy myself some e-drums. I bought pads for the yamaha dtxpress iv special by accident, thinking it was the whole kit. Made a mistake. So now im trying to piece together a set with these pads.

so im ordering the rack for the pads but my question is do i need the dtxpress iv special module for the pads or could i use another yamaha module, or even the roland module?

If so which module would you recommend? keep in mind i have a limited budget of about 700.00 maximum, but would like to keep it to 500.00 if i could. thanks guys.

Is your budget in $s or £s ???

Comment

Im from Canada, so i guess US money or cdn money. same basically. But my main question if someone has the knowledge, can my yamaha dtxpress pads work with roland module? i have searched all over the internet. thanks in advance.

Comment

Yamaha's single and dual-zone pads will work with a Roland module. Yamaha's three-zone pads will only work fully with the proper Yamaha module.

You may want to see if someone at
        http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/po...ard=DTXpressIV
        can lend you a hand.

Comment

And the foot pedals for the high hat aren't compatible without an adapter so be careful about that too.

Comment

ok thanks guys, So i got the pads and now the rack for the dtxpress iv special, however the module here in Canada is 750.00 plus 12% tax, compared to 450.00 in the US but they wont ship to canada. But the good news is a store here sells the dtxpress iii module for $200.00 new, as i guess it is the last one they have and its discontinued, so they are selling it.

Is this the good deal? or should i just go for the iv module?

Comment

Working...
            X