Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nooblets: Fuled by Rock Band (tm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooblets: Fuled by Rock Band (tm)

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting a ton of questions...

After many years of being a craptastic IRL guitar player, The game Rockband inspired me to buy my first electronic drumset.

I could always keep a basic beat and was never shy about jumping behind the set when we were messing around but, as my drumming in MTV's Rock Band improved, I'm starting to think that I missed my calling.

I think I got a good deal on a Hart/TD-6 setup but, that's a question for "The Lounge."

-Nooblets

Welcome. There are a few of us here--search "Rock Band". In general, we're second-class citizens, but welcomed regardless. Have fun!

Comment

Welcome and good luck. I am a newbie as well and I am loving the drums. I wish you the same joy I have.
      sigpic

http://www.silverdragonsound.com

Comment

Welcome mate. If you've got the feel youve probably been doing yourself an injustice in the past. OK its years wasted but its never too late to start.

No one here is a second class citizen. If you feel drums you live them, and that makes you part of the fraternity.

Comment

Welome man. I took the same path (sort of) as you. I was spending 2-3 hours per night in the local arcade playing drummania (I live in Hong Kong) and I got so hooked that I ended up buying a Roland kit. Search for drummania on youtube, you may find it interesting. Anyway I've had my kit for 1.5 years now and I still love it.

Funnily enough I'm playing the arcade game less these days. I've made the leap and finally started learning drums for real. I realized that playing the game, whilst fun, wasn't actually teaching me drums since I was simply using my eyes (rather than ears) to know when to hit the pads.

So I bought some great books (drumsense), been learning all the basic stuff, had a jam on a few acoustic kits, and enjoying learning drums for real. BTW I still visit the arcade occationally. Funnily enough my level is going up rapidly in the arcade even though I rarely go. I tend to switch on hidden/dark mode these days (it causes the notes to disappear before they hit the bottom of the screen) to stop myself from using the screen for timing. I find it forces me to listen more and is a bit closer to 'real' playing.

Anyway, as long as your having fun, that's all that matters!

Comment

Working...
          X