Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there! Just got a Roland TD-4KP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there! Just got a Roland TD-4KP

Hi everyone.
    I've had a Roland TDE-7K from 1994 (TD-7 & 8x PD-7) and quit playing more than 10 years ago.
    I now bought a TD-4KP, used of course, because it's discontinued.
    I wanted the 4KP for its portability, now that I have it in person I can see that portability comes with the price of a rack that is not very customizable, it's short and you have very little space to position the pads. Also, it had 1 PDX8 and 2x PD85 so it's more bulky.
    As the 4KP has the TD4 module, I saw it had a `Crash2` input, but unfortunately the snake cable of the 4KP does not include a cable for it.
    Anyway, it's a very good drum set for a hobbyist like me. I'll be wandering around here to see if I can learn to make the customizations I had in mind. (Also bought 2x CY8, expecting to use one as Crash2 and the other one with cable splitting or something)
    See you around!
    Last edited by petruza; 08-17-22, 10:53 AM.
    Roland TD-4KP, PDX-8, PD-85 x2, CY-8 x2, double kick pedal.

Welcome to the forum! If I am reading your post right, do you have a TD-4KP with a TD-11 Module? If so, you can add some Vex packs that contain kits that are much much better than stock. More info:
    The Glass Is Twice As Big As It Needs To Be....

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Plus one on the vex kits. They really make a difference. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaMax View Post
        Welcome to the forum! If I am reading your post right, do you have a TD-4KP with a TD-11 Module? If so, you can add some Vex packs that contain kits that are much much better than stock. More info:
        No, sorry, I meant TD-4, so it's the one that comes with the kit, the module itself has the option of setting the Crash2 input as a crash or as the ride bell, but the cable just isn't there.
        So I suppose the module has the input but they just didn't connect it with the DB-25 snake cable.
        Roland TD-4KP, PDX-8, PD-85 x2, CY-8 x2, double kick pedal.

Comment

Hi mate from the UK. Glad you decided to join us.
          Check Supplier, cymbal may come with cable.
          Last edited by John.b; 08-17-22, 04:06 PM.

Comment

You might have fun connecting the TD-7 to the TD-4 pads.
            The TD-7 has loads of potential in my opinion (I know others hate it!) and can be made to sound pretty good with a fair bit of tweaking.

Comment

Working...
            X