Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all from Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all from Scotland

I'm Mikey and new to drumming, I'm a 57yr old that always wanted a drum kit probably since I heard Cozy Powel's dance with the devil back in the early 70's. Parents, then later wife said no chance lol. Then last March I decided to buy myself a TD1-dmk which I'm loving , finding limb coordination difficult but slowly improving . Look forward to getting some tips & advise from you guys & gals to help me along . Thanks

Welcome to the forum and to drumming! Try and get some lessons to get you off to a good start. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Another fellow Scotsman! Welcome You've started an awesome journey and this forum is the perfect place for advice!
      Roland TD-17KVX Kit ~ Roland RDH-120 ~ ATH-M50X Monitors ~ VicFirth Buddy Rich Signature Sticks
      | YouTube | Facebook |

Comment

Have you got any spare Scotch Whisky samples you could send me mate. All contributions gratefully received.

Glad you found your way here mate, pull up a chair, take the weight off and pour a dram

Comment

Welcome aboard. I’m south of the border and got two years on you. Never too late to learn. I keep having a go on guitar and keyboard to add to drumming.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            Have you got any spare Scotch Whisky samples you could send me mate. All contributions gratefully received.

Glad you found your way here mate, pull up a chair, take the weight off and pour a dram
            Cheers John, have to say I don't drink the stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
              Welcome aboard. I’m south of the border and got two years on you. Never too late to learn. I keep having a go on guitar and keyboard to add to drumming.
              Thank's, good for you learning 3 instruments , good luck

Comment

Originally posted by oldpunkLdrummer View Post

Cheers John, have to say I don't drink the stuff
                Mate now I am just so demoralised. I've drank Scotch since I was 15.

Anyway have a good jam and enjoy every minute.

I am 72, coming up 73 next month, and I put my playing longevity down to too many late nights, too many loose women and more than my share of the amber liquid, the elixir of life, Scotch.

My doctor might disagree though.

Comment

A thread full of Scotts, just my kind of people! fàilte!

Comment

Hi Mikey,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn and find sympathetic souls.

Growing up in the Highlands I never could understand the liking for the whisky myself... but it grew on me as the years went by

Mind you everyone used to have wee dram glasses, not the tumblers the adverts love to show
                    TD-50 - X upgraded, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III drum PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

Working...
                    X