Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Texas, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Texas, USA

New old guy here. I have been playing drums for over 40 years but I’m pretty new to electronic drums. I bought an old V-Drum kit several years ago. I’m not even sure which model they are but it has the TD-9 module, mesh snare pad, rubber tom pads and it came with a rubber kick pad which I have replaced with KD-9 mesh pad. This kit has spent most of it’s time with me in storage but I am now looking to use it in a recording project and for at home practice. I am looking forward to using this forum and I have a feeling I will be asking a lot of questions. Cheers!

Welcome to the forums mate, I am old and in the UK. As long as you manage to avoid the dreaded arthritis there's no reason why you cant keep going, though the stamina drops off quite alot, and you have to pick and choose what you play a little more carefully. Oh and dont have the volume too high in your headphones either.
    Have fun.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Old guy here in northern Virginia. (But not as old as John b.) The TD9 is a good module. I hope you’re starting to thaw out down there. You guys have had a tough time. Have fun! Stay safe!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea thanks for that Jim, no ones as old as me mate, even the family are struggling with the fact that I'm still here and kicking.
        It gets right up their nose. The longer I am around, the more time I have to spend their inheritance lol.

Yea I am just a sad old git with a cross to carry.
        Last edited by John.b; 02-22-21, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X