Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Another) Hi from Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Another) Hi from Canada!

Hi forum people,

just a quick intro, I’m excited to see that there’s a forum/community out there that is into drums!

Life story:
    -I always loved drums as a kid, so my parents started me out on a Yamaha DD-5 (4 pad drum machine), it was so simplistic but I loved it.
    -In my mid-teens, I progressed to a Tama Rockstar Deluxe 5-piece acoustic set with Zildjian cymbals, which I had for 10+ years until adulthood got in the way.
    -Fast forward a decade or two, I now live on the other side of the world and last year I wanted to get back into playing music (it was a natural progression from getting back into vinyl records). I live in an apartment building, so I felt that the best way to scratch my musical itch would be to take up the bass guitar...
    but the bass just didn’t do it for me. So last month I sold it, and went back to watching drum videos online...
    -..and it just so happened that the Roland TD-07 was released, “it’s a sign” I thought to myself. So I went to a local store and tried it out, it felt so good to play again, even though I was embarrassed to play in “public” after so long and was rusty. I ordered the kit for myself, and got to setting up some sound dampening for a corner of my apartment in anticipation. Then, I decided “I need an extra ride cymbal” so I ordered that too, plus the rack mount. THEN, I did the math and realized that I was approaching TD-17 KVX money, so now I’ve ordered one of those instead.

I can’t wait to restart my drumming journey again, hoping I can become a useful member of the forums.

Hi Jonny. A big welcome to the asylum mate, loads of brainy guys and gals here to answer your every question. The TD17 is reputedly a very good kit so you will be well set up on your venture back into drumming. Its all about having fun mate.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new kit. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
      X