Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi from Canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Canada.

Hi everyone.

I'm primarily a guitar player. I use logic to write music. For drum parts I’ve been using addictive drums, drag and drop. It works, and suits my needs.

however the lockdowns had me buying a used td6 Edrum kit with upgraded snare, as I always wanted to learn how to drum. And here I am jumping down the rabbit hole.

I also bought acoustic kit years ago (divorce/midlife crises) but it’s too noisy.

I’ll be posting shortly in the appropriate forum with my story, and where I need to get to. I’m hoping to make the correct choice. I like the edrums I,bought, but I already I need “better”.

Welcome to the forum. Since you have the TD6, you have plenty of time to do research and decide where you want to be with drums a few years down the road. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea if you are just starting to learn drums dont go blowing a load of money on high-end kits till you know if you are going to stick with it. The TD6 will be good enough to learn on and you can plug it into your CD player or whatever to get the feel to the stuff you want to play along to.
      If you can get some lessons, so you dont start with bad habits, that will be more benificial mate. Anyway have fun and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
        Yea if you are just starting to learn drums dont go blowing a load of money on high-end kits till you know if you are going to stick with it. The TD6 will be good enough to learn on and you can plug it into your CD player or whatever to get the feel to the stuff you want to play along to.
        If you can get some lessons, so you dont start with bad habits, that will be more benificial mate. Anyway have fun and stay safe.
        It’s not the td6 module that’s the issue. It’s the,rest of it. I don’t like the rubber pads at all. I’d really like some newer,stuff. I’ve had this,thing,for,10,years. I,haven’t use it much because I’ve been using addictive drums. It’s time to learn how to play properly.

Lots of learning to do

Comment

Originally posted by Nanwpg View Post

It’s not the td6 module that’s the issue. It’s the,rest of it. I don’t like the rubber pads at all. I’d really like some newer,stuff. I’ve had this,thing,for,10,years. I,haven’t use it much because I’ve been using addictive drums. It’s time to learn how to play properly.

Lots of learning to do
          Welcome!

Rubber pads definitely get harder on the wrists as you grow older too :/
          Personally I can smash away 3h+ on mesh pads without much worry -- but fatigue sets in a lot earlier on rubber pads... depends on how hard of a hitter you are of course.

Maybe look into the newer PDX-12 if you're looking for something less expensive than the PDX85/100/120... (if you feel like staying loyal to Roland of course!)
          The older PDX-6/8 are also an option but I feel they are a bit too tight for my tastes, the 6s are great for emulating tightness of smaller toms/rotos though!

Comment

Originally posted by Towser View Post

Welcome!

Rubber pads definitely get harder on the wrists as you grow older too :/
            Personally I can smash away 3h+ on mesh pads without much worry -- but fatigue sets in a lot earlier on rubber pads... depends on how hard of a hitter you are of course.

Maybe look into the newer PDX-12 if you're looking for something less expensive than the PDX85/100/120... (if you feel like staying loyal to Roland of course!)
            The older PDX-6/8 are also an option but I feel they are a bit too tight for my tastes, the 6s are great for emulating tightness of smaller toms/rotos though!
            My kit,has,a,pdx120 for a snare drum, and yes the rubber pads fatigue my wrists.

Comment

Being from the PNW, I thought the thread was named "High from Canada". Anyway enjoy your time here and welcome to the forums.
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanwpg View Post

Lots of learning to do
                You should be able to get a cheap module off ebay, and for the toms I use Diamond Mesh Head units, ie 10in and 12in.

Comment

Working...
                X