Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Returning after 14 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning after 14 years

Hi all,

I used to be a member of this forum about 14 years ago, at which point I'd been drumming for 12 or so years. I've had, er, a bit of a break from drumming since then but I'm 40 next year and think edrums is precisely the mid-life crisis/hobby I need!

Some thing seem to have changed a lot since I had my TD-12, which I loved, and other things not so much. Nice to see some competition from Pearl and ATV - it's no longer a one horse race. I'm here for some buying advice and to pick up tips and hopefully, in time, to return the favour.

I'm Scottish but I live in Dubai.

Apologies in advance for the daft questions.

Hi mate, glad you have decided to come back into the fold. Yea Edrums have moved on a long way so take your time choosing a new kit.
    And a big welcome from England

Comment

Welcome back to the forum. Drumming is a good hobby to address mid life crisis. Drumming was part of my retirement plan. Yup, I think the technology has advanced since your TD12 so do your research and try and buy as much kit as you can for your budget. Think about what you’ll want a few years from now so you can avoid the immediate desire to upgrade. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, dudes!

Comment

Working...
        X