Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hola!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola!

Hey, Everyone:

I am a non-drummer (mainly guitar and synth/keys) but I've long been obsessed with building small, portable electronic drum kits. Used to be an apartment dweller. Now, I need something that can pack away easily so the others in my home don't get too fed up with me.

Plus, I love soldering piezos.

Here are some of my current builds:

I started building some cajons (3 of them) as a gift to the classroom of one of my girls. The pandemic started and that gave me time to finish them. Now I can't give them away.

Here's a mini-kit based on a TD-3 module and mesh head snare. I plan to use it on work breaks or trips. It has enough for me to practice rudiments and work on my technique (or lack of).

I'm currently working on a small stand for a Yamaha Multi-12.

Anyways, I hope to ask some of the brains here for advice on improving my pad/contact mic skills.

Have a great weekend, all.

Angstwulf

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you’ll be a great resource for the DIY’ers here. Thanks for joining. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Well I have to say I am impressed mate. Your experiences will be very welcome here. The bottom line, Its all about having fun. Great you could join us.

Comment

Thanks. I'm almost done with the stand for the Multi-12. Will post soon.

Comment

Working...
        X