Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Time to join in and not just peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to join in and not just peek

Hello everyone. Been an avid reader for a few months now since starting out on my journey of learning the drums late in life, Im a 53 year old frustrated learner from the UK. It started with a gift from Christmas of a Roland TD1K system which was great to find out if I had any talent or was just going to make a racket, turns out some of my rackets are almost musical now after almost 6 months.
    I've since upgraded by buying good second hand to create the kit I have now. I try to practice most evenings for 30 mins or more and have taken some lessons to set me down the right path.
    It's so enjoyable taking myself away and being lost in the whole experience of drumming.
    I look forward to taking an active (as I can) part in this great forum and learning loads along the way.
    Equipment: Roland TD9V2 module, TD9 rack, PDX105 snare, 3 x PDX8 toms. CY8 cymbals, CY15 ride, VH11 hi-hat, KD-10 kick pad

Hi Dave, I am in the UK, near Aylesbury (Ex W.London), and glad you could join us mate. There are guys and gals here from all over the world, so have fun.
    Its good you have had some lessons. Stops all those bad habits creeping in. Put some pics of your kit up here and let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by John.b; 06-20-20, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you’re starting out great. If you can get in 30 minutes a day, you will really see some fast progress. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
        Hi Dave, I am in the UK, near Aylesbury (Ex W.London), and glad you could join us mate. There are guys and gals here from all over the world, so have fun.
        Its good you have had some lessons. Stops all those bad habits creeping in. Put some pics of your kit up here and let us know how you get on.
        Thanks for the intro John. I know Aylesbury reasonably well as I work that way from time to time.
        I will upload some pics of my kit. Is there a particular forum section for that? Don't want to trip on my first visit
        Equipment: Roland TD9V2 module, TD9 rack, PDX105 snare, 3 x PDX8 toms. CY8 cymbals, CY15 ride, VH11 hi-hat, KD-10 kick pad

Comment

Originally posted by jimorlando View Post
          Welcome to the forum. Looks like you’re starting out great. If you can get in 30 minutes a day, you will really see some fast progress. Have fun!
          Thank you. In the last few weeks things seem to be coming together for me and some of racket sounds like a rhythm finally!

Comment

You’re doing the right things.

practice, practice, practice
            record yourself
            be critical of yourself ( to understand where and how you can improve), but not to critical
            Play the music you like and feel the rhythm. You’ll get better with the things you like and care about.

bring on the questions and comments... as they hit you.

welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by David Webb View Post
              I will upload some pics of my kit. Is there a particular forum section for that? Don't want to trip on my first visit
              I suppose Showcase would be the right one, but I am sure pictures have been popsted here, as part of the introduction process.

Thats done it, now if anyone gets told off it will be me, and it wont be the first time. Alan has to make allowances for me cause everyone knows I'm stupid.
              Last edited by John.b; 06-21-20, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Two shots of the kit I put together myself buying from a really good guy from eBay that has been so helpful
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Yep thats a nice set-up Dave. That should do you for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                    Yep thats a nice set-up Dave. That should do you for a few years.
                    Cheers John

Comment

Working...
                    X