Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hello, newbie to e drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, newbie to e drums

Hello all,

Tom here.

I started drums at 12, had a long lay-off after college/Army, got back in about 10 years ago. 55 now! Better late than never.

I play in church about once a month, and do some little recording projects at home.

Never owned any e drums, but they are appealing for quiet practice, portability, and clean recordings. GarageBand and my iPad are great, but tapping on the screen isn’t doing it for me for recording drums. Plus, I occasionally get asked to play here and there, and a portable e kit sounds like the ticket for me.

Looking forward to learning, and gradually assembling some stuff to drum with.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Welcome back to drumming. Take your time and do your research. Try and buy your second kit first. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the forum! Great place to hang out, with a lot of great and knowledgeable people!

Stijn
        'lectric drumma
        Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Hi Tom, a TD-17 would probably suit you down to the ground. Glad to have you around mate.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            Hi Tom, a TD-17 would probably suit you down to the ground. Glad to have you around mate.
            +1 on the TD-17 - good all around kit that's reasonably priced.

I like the little compact kit in your avatar photo
            Last edited by dsteinschneider; 04-22-20, 08:10 PM.
            Ludwig Accent 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| eDRUMin ED10 | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors | IK ARC 3

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yes, TD 17 looks promising.

sadly that little cocktail kit in my avatar is no more. I was playing in a church some years ago that had to set up each week. Bringing that little rig was easier than getting the full kit out of storage and setting up. I found the limitations fostered creativity. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by dsteinschneider View Post

+1 on the TD-17 - good all around kit that's reasonably priced.

I like the little compact kit in your avatar photo
                Hi mate, if I remember right, (well its been a long time), that was Carl Palmer's stage kit, ie from the band Emerson Lake and Palmer.

Oooops not my avatar, Toms avatar. Da
                Last edited by John.b; 04-29-20, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Welcome. Lots of edrum knowledge on this forum. Have fun. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X