Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Rusty drummer who wants to start again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty drummer who wants to start again

Hi! My name is Barbaficciu (it's not really my name but it's how my old band used to call me), I'm an almost 29 years old rusty italian drummer.

I started playing the drums during high school, when I was 16 but I had to stop 5 years ago because I moved to different countries due to my studies.
    Now that I finished them and I have a job in the UK, I'll probably stay here for the foreseeable future and I have enough money to finally get my hands on the drums again!
    And i'm super excited! Right now I'm planning to buy a vdrums (still not sure which one) and to take some private lessons

Hi mate, your story is quite a common one here, guys coming back to drumming after a lay-off, due to life twists and turns. Vdrums are great as there are no volume problems to annoy the neighbours, and are a great way to get back into it. Get the best you can afford mate, but saying that, the TD17 seems to be a good choice from what I have heard here in these forums. Try and get all mesh head drums too. If you don't you will soon find yourself wanting to get them. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Your lay-off from the drums is not as long as a lot of us so you should get back in the groove pretty quickly especially if you’re taking lessons. Do your research and take your time selecting a kit. There’s a lot of knowledge here and opinions as well as members do have their preferences. There are rumors about new flagship kits coming out but no one knows exactly when.
      Good luck and have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry if I haven't replied sooner and thanks for the nice words! I checked the roland TD17 and they seem awesome but they're a tiny bit too much for me right now. I might save some money and get it next month, but I also found a nice deal on ebay for the Yamaha DTX532K and I was thinking to get that one. I'm gonna post this in the proper section of the forum for opinions on that drumkit!
        Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaficciu View Post
          Hey guys, sorry if I haven't replied sooner and thanks for the nice words! I checked the roland TD17 and they seem awesome but they're a tiny bit too much for me right now. I might save some money and get it next month, but I also found a nice deal on ebay for the Yamaha DTX532K and I was thinking to get that one. I'm gonna post this in the proper section of the forum for opinions on that drumkit!
          Thanks again!
          If it's the first kit after the break you will enjoy any of them! I started with Alesis Nitro and moved to TD-17 KVX.
          Kit: Roland TD-17 KVX
          Hi-Hat stand: Roland RDH-120
          Pedal: Roland RDH-102

Comment

Working...
          X