Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Greetings to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to all

I am a recovering full time musician from 1978-1983. I am priimarily a bass player but have also played drums and guitar. I have had bass and quitar equipment throughout but not drums. I have filled in a few times over the years but only for a song or two. I just picked up a used set of td-17s . I hope it is like riding bike, because I clearly suck! Happiest of years to you all and I look forward to using this forum ...and contributing if possible!

Hi Varinator -- welcome! I just joined a couple days ago too. Looks like there is a lot of expertise and experience here and looking forward to getting into it. Hope to be able to find a good electronic set to start drumming again with soon. How do you like your TD-17's?
    DAW: Reaper x64 (Windows), RME HDSPe RayDAT, Focusrite Clarett OctoPre, Grace M900, NI KK S61 + Maschine Studio
    VST/Plugins: Komplete Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, AudioRealism ABL+ADM
    E-Drums: On the market for a high quality, expandable kit

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I understand that the TD17 is a good module. You’re obviously musical from your experience. Have you ever taken a drum lesson? It might be something to check out to get you in the groove. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome. Lots of great people and knowledge on this site.

Comment

Hi Mate, I gigged from 63 till about 88 but continued playing on a practice kits and then a TD6V since 2006. Glad you have finally seen the error of your ways mate, so many years lost lol.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            Hi Mate, I gigged from 63 till about 88 but continued playing on a practice kits and then a TD6V since 2006. Glad you have finally seen the error of your ways mate, so many years lost lol.
            wow you gigged until you were 88 years old?
            purchased Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

wow you gigged until you were 88 years old?
              lol, we’re all hoping we can play when we’re 88 and beyond. I think John meant 1963 to 1988. I’ll definitely need a ready then or at least a strong and willing grandson.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea like some mornings, getting out of bed, I feel 88.

Comment

Working...
                X