Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Beginner in electronic drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner in electronic drums

Hi, I'm new here. I just endeavor to build my firs budget electronic drum-set. A lot of obstacles there. ;-) Taking it step by step. Having a limited budget I try to buy brand stuff only where really necessary. Already bought used frame, drums with mesh skins and cymbals of some lower-shelf producer, then I got Roland TD-4. I desperately want to have my hi-hat work as a real one and I understand it is probably the most challenging and possible expensive part of the whole set-up. I'm just on it right now... :-) And, by the way, I'm not an English native speaker, so occasionally might encounter the language kind of issue, just for you to know and be forgiving... Thanks in advance and be blessed!

Welcome. You'll be able to get your answers in the Products & Technical forums. Be sure to post your questions in the suitable forum.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Take your time and do your research so you can get the most out of your budget. Always follow Alan’s advice. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thank you guys for your welcome! It's good to be in the right place, surrounded by the right people. :-)

Comment

Come on in... the water's fine.

Just a small tip... when starting a post I encourage the poster to make the subject line clear... vs. vague.
          I think people (I know I do) pass over non-descriptive titles.

Comment

Thanks for the tip - will keep it in mind!

Comment

Re Hi Hat, a VH-11 on a decent stand (I have it on a Tama Iron Cobra), is the way to go mate. Not cheap but well worth the money.

Comment

OK, thanks! :-) I'm looking for some bargain on this VH-11.

Comment

I recommend you to take a look at this - regarding hi-hat - cheap and working solution.

Comment

Originally posted by skunkos View Post
                    I recommend you to take a look at this - regarding hi-hat - cheap and working solution.
                    Well hitit this has got to be well worth considering mate. Nice one skunkos

Comment

Guys, I encountered this video of late and I've actually... ordered this thing already and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive! So, I'm happy to learn you find this solution worth bothering with. Maybe I won't have to wait for a VH-11 bargain and have it done much much cheaper...? ;-)

Comment

Good luck with your endeavors mate. let us know how you get on.

Comment

Working...
                        X