Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Just started my 20th year of playing, excited to a2e for the 1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started my 20th year of playing, excited to a2e for the 1st time

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here. I have been looking into a2e stuff for a couple weeks and had managed to miss this site completely until earlier today. I've learned so much already.

I'm 39 and looking at joining a metal band for the first time. Makes sense, I guess. I definitely want triggered sound on stage with real cymbals but also need something quieter for practice (mesh heads and LV80 cymbals). Might as well practice and gig on the same kit, just swap out to loud cymbals and mic them. So far the plan is to use Jobeky triggers for the toms and snare. Haven't decided about the kick trigger just yet. I think I'll grab an eDRUMin to get something working soon for practice (and to support the cause) then upgrade to a module for live use later once we're ready to hit the stage. Then again, I still have a lot of learning before I start ordering.

Sorry for the ramble, thanks again!

Welcome to the forum. You’re doing the right thing by doing your research before spending the money. Good luck with your quest and have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks Jim! I'm excited to get this project going and learning from all the awesome members here will speed things along I'm sure.

Comment

Its nice of you to drop in and join us mate. Loads of AtoE stuff here. Good luck and keep us up to date.

Comment

Thanks John. So glad I found this forum. Lots of helpful and experienced folks here and I sure could use the help! Very much looking forward to posting about the killer AtoE conversion that I will hopefully complete someday soon!

Comment

Working...
          X