Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

New to the forum.... Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum.... Hello!

Evening all, I'm Simon from the UK (Barney Boy is my dog!) I'm the wrong side of 50 and just started edrumming.... been noodling around on guitars for years but have always loved drums (big rock music fan - Bonham/Price & Harry James from Thunder!). Bought myself a DTX502 module with some DTX silicone pads, to go with the Yamaha cymbals & kick drum tower. Started playing along to Spotify through an old guitar practice amp/headphones & I'm now experimenting with Ezdrummer 2 (a Christmas present from my long suffering wife), through a Yamaha AG03, which all seems to work a treat Only negative is that I'm a bit crap right now, but learning slowly and enjoying it!

Next job is some form of sound isolation platform so as not to disturb my other half watching TV in the room below....

Welcome to the forum. It’s never too late to start playing drums. Try and get some lessons so you can develop correct technique. That will save you from correcting bad habits later. Lots of smart people here to answer your questions. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Sounds like you've got the priorities down there mate, get them right and the little lady looks after the important stuff, ie the drums. My lady was always buying me drums and drum stuff, so I must have had things right too. And your never too old either, I was 71 at Xmas. Just have to take care of your bits a bit more. Any way have fun with it mate. Don't go getting too serious over it. Get some basic lessons if you can cause it helps down the line.
      Last edited by John.b; 01-03-20, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
        Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Working...
        X