Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post

Hello from Nepean Ontario Canada...part of our capital city Ottawa. I've played guitar since the age of 18 in 1971 (oops). Had a great friend who played drums and insisted that I learn some Ventures and Sandy Nelson tunes, so I did, sort of. We played loudly in his parents garage (hearing loss, tinnitus, yes) and had a ball. Just bought a used set of Roland KVS25 drums, and I've had 2 lessons. Loving it. Looking forward to this forum, have a great Sunday all and God Bless. Neil

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new kit. Great idea to take lessons. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Hi Neil, glad you could join us mate. What do you actually want to achieve with your drum playing ? Whatever it is, keep it fun, and what Jim says, keep up the basic lessons.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes. John, I just would like to be good enough to play basic beats with a band...classic rock or blues, red-neck country rock, and learn some Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich and Sandy Nelson riffs just for the enjoyment. I do have great kids in my life, eventually to show them some basics and see if it lighst a fire. My drum teacher plays in a jazz fusion band, unbelievable what he can do. Learning more about my kit every day...for example, to turn the volume down on everything but the cymbals and hi hat, so I hear less thwack and more ding from them. Bonus: my timing will, I'm sure, improve on guitar.

Comment

Wow, that’s a big menu. Krupa and Rich. Might as well set high standards.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea so if you are going to do it, do it big mate. Re kit volume, I start with the kick on max volume, then balance everything else from there. Yea but that's me.

Comment

Working...
            X