Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Hey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey!

I'm new here. I play rhythm guitar for an avant garde metal band in NYC. We're only a year in but we have been playing live in small bars and clubs around the state. I just bought a v-drumset for when I'm practicing and I just want to be part of something.

avant garde metal like what? like sigh? or montreal's now defunct uneXpect?
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I don’t know what avant-garde metal is but that doesn’t matter. Good luck with your band, kit, and have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
        avant garde metal like what? like sigh? or montreal's now defunct uneXpect?
        All I can say is that we just sound weird. We experiment with noise samples, weird time signatures and other sh*t. That's the reason why I want to learn how to play drums. I want to start a solo act, something that is lighter to listen to. LOL!

Comment

Nothing wrong with that mate, as long as you enjoy it, it don't matter. Welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X