Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time lurker, first time poster!

Hey folks,

Been a lurker around here for the past two years or so as I worked through my own A2E build, which is finally closing in on a "finished" level! It's based around a TD-30 with an old Pearl Vision VBX that I re-wrapped and modified. I'll post some pictures when I get the chance, but I'm excited to share the finished product!

A little bit about myself for background, I started this project shortly after graduating college, where I studied Electrical Engineering and also played in the Drumline. I first picked up the sticks when I turned 11 and haven't put them down since, much to the chagrin of my parents who had just spent 5 years dragging me to piano lessons.... Fast forward a bit, and after moving into my first real apartment it took me about 2 months to realize that after having near 24/7 access to a drumset (god bless college practice rooms!) the withdrawals would only get worse. So, slowly but surely I've worked on this in my spare time, and with what I've learned in this first build I hope to apply a bit of my formal education and give back to the community where possible.

As far as musical styles, on the drum set I've always leaned heavily towards jazz, show tunes, and metal. Not a typical combo I know, but I spent a lot of my formative drumming years playing substitute and ringer gigs on weekends in a nearby city, and that's where the best $$/hr happened to find me. Except the metal music, those gigs usually just didn't care that I was underage and gave me free beer, plus who doesn't think blast beats are fun??

Anyways, consider this a belated thank you to everyone who has unknowingly helped me on this journey with their insights in the countless threads I've read on here. Y'all rock!

-B

Welcome to the forum. Great introduction. Congratulations on your degree and your A2E creation. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Good luck and have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Nice you could join us mate, and yea, your experience on your A2E conversion could be extremely valuable here. As Jim said, put some pictures up of your kit when you can.

Comment

Working...
      X