Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

Self taught (ie not great) drummer returning to the kit after a few years exile. Pleased to be here!

Welcome Mark. Lots of returning drummers here mate so you wont be alone. It just means you have succumb to the inevitable, and now its time to get yourself down to it. Have Fun.

Comment

Thanks John. After some years of living abroad, and then 2 children arriving, wasn't able to have a kit or any time. Now i have the motivation back, and the excitement! Plus my kids (4 and 3) love the drums, which is amazing.

Comment

Welcome. Nothing wrong with self taught. I played drums for a living with not a single lesson in the 80s. I even ousted a drum teacher from a band who was technically great but he overplayed all the time. I just learnt the covers as they were and played in time. The band preferred that. Had a lot of lessons since then and technically hugely better but I listen to some old recordings and think they were still good.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby. Lots of resources out there for self teaching. Have fun!
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks guys. Am enjoying having the enthusiasm again. Here's to progress!

Comment

Working...
            X