Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Hello, guitar guy trying to play drums....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, guitar guy trying to play drums....

Actually been trying for years...I do well enough to entertain myself...Anyway I'm introducing myself while waiting the arrival on my new kit...I live in a senior neighborhood, actually a very nice mobile home park and I get along well with my neighbors and want to keep it that way...Im sure you've all heard this story many times...But I want a drum set that has shells and heads and rims and bounce...All that drum stuff...I don't have a lot of space either so the kit has to be somewhat compact...After looking around and thinking of several sets, I settled on the 4 piece Tama Club Jam...It'll be here tomorrow...I also ordered the Remo Silent Stroke heads to try out and a set of the L-80 Zildian cymbals....This should let me play quietly enough to not get someone pounding on my walls...Then I plan like I've seen round here many times, to turn them into Vdrums....This will happen over period of time as I learn more about that process, which is why I'm here...
    I'll post some pics of the kit when it arrives and I'm sure to have many questions during this process...In fact here is a question right now...This is not my first attempt and Drums and I have a little device...The Alesis Trigger io...This thing seems to be the exact same thing as the DDrum input device so that is what I'd like to use...[mod edit: questions removed, please ask in the appropriate forum] Looking forward to doing this...Thanks for letting me join in the fun!
    Tama Club Jam 4 piece...Remo silent stroke heads...Zildjian low v cymbals...TD-17 module...EZDrummer2 VST...

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new kit. Lots of good information here in the appropriate forums. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks Jim, Im just sitting here awaiting the arrival of the FedEx truck with my drums on board...so Im thinking about parts and capabilities of components...it seems like about the easiest way to implement a good hhat variation is simply to go with a Roland module as there seem to be several hat controllers that are workable...in my price range Im seeing the TD-9 seems like a pretty good choice with some decent features like the ability to chain the Alesis trigger io that I already have...I guess I could use the Alesis by itself but it could be nice to have some built in sounds too...plus I wouldnt need to buy all those wires...
      guess ill wait till I get started and make a thread of my own to ask questions...
      thanks again for the welcome...
      Tama Club Jam 4 piece...Remo silent stroke heads...Zildjian low v cymbals...TD-17 module...EZDrummer2 VST...

Comment

Glad you decided to join us mate. Loads of very clever guys here so put your feet up and grab a beer.

Comment

Working...
        X