Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Hello people !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello people !

Hi !
    I am returning to drumming after 15-20 yrs of inactivity. Had an acoustic set about 40 years ago and life and location slowly made it near impossible to play. My girlfriend bought me a used Roland TD-11 for Christmas, and we are both enjoying it a great deal..so nice to be playing again!
    Would love to upgrade/expand the set (3rd cymbal and better hi-hat than the FD-8 are first on the list) but even used prices are very daunting.
    Learning about the technology and getting good tips from this forum..thank you!
    Also, curious how many others here play left handed on a right handed set (left hand hi-hat, right hand snare, feet normal)?

Welcome aboard. Take a look 2nd hand when you want to get extra bits. I havenít bought anything new. The Roland stuff tends to be quite reliable. Things to watch out for are cymbals not triggering on all zones and worn cones on pads again causing bad triggering. Iím a lefty but I spun the whole rack round on my td30 so I play fully left handed as I always have done. Iíve been doing a lot on strengthening my right hand recently and found I can play quite well open handed so I am pursuing this to give me more flexibility.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. Iím right handed so no help from me. MKOK is giving good advice for dealing with used equipment. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea welcome back to the fold mate. Save that misses, she is a keeper.

Comment

Thanks all !
          Made some minor updates to my system.
          Added a 'Falam Slam' to my KD-9 bass drum as the mesh was getting indented. Also picked up a versatile music stand that now holds my netbook within arms reach (plan to start learning to integrate that like you cool guys do) and a brand new 8 channel mixer on it as well so I can more easily adjust all my input volumes as they change from song to song, video to video.

Comment

Originally posted by dudio View Post
            Thanks all !
            Made some minor updates to my system.
            Added a 'Falam Slam' to my KD-9 bass drum as the mesh was getting indented. Also picked up a versatile music stand that now holds my netbook within arms reach (plan to start learning to integrate that like you cool guys do) and a brand new 8 channel mixer on it as well so I can more easily adjust all my input volumes as they change from song to song, video to video.
            ďIndentingĒ signifies ďimproper tensionĒ. Might be too late for that foam. Patches that spread the impact pressure out further need to be applied immediately after purchase with these KD-9s. Roland really needs to address this. The head on this should be adjustable. (itís not, AFAIK)
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello dudio,
              I like you, am new to this sight. I have played music all my life. Sometimes professionally and often for fun. My first instrument was the drums and then I ventured off to play guitar and bass and sing but have returned to drumming again as I am trying again to mix record and mix. Welcome. And good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X