Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Newbie here

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi, I'm new here and relatively new to drumming.
    Played a trumpet in a brass band as a kid.
    Been playing guitar for over 20 years but have always wanted to drum.
    Took the plunge and bought a used Alesis Dm7x last December.
    Swapped the snare for a Pd80r, added a CY-5 crash 2 and converted the Tom's to mesh.
    I work with electronics so have been messing around with the kit. Adding piezos and other stuff.
    Now I'm getting to grips with the coordination of hands and feet, my paradiddles up to 140bpm I think I've started to outgrow the module's capabilities especially the hi-hat/pedal performance and the associated sounds.
    I'm looking to go with a used Roland module, I don't want to go down the vst route so will be searching here for tips and advice.
    Sorry it's a long intro post

Welcome to the forum. If you havenít already, try and take some lessons to get you going and avoid any mistakes in your technique. Do your research and think about where you want to be with your drumming a couple years down the road and try and buy , in your case, your third kit second.

I played trumpet in junior junior and senior high school bands but like you, I wanted to play drums as well.

Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Anybody that is anybody wants to play drums. Unfortunately its only the Cream that can carry It off. Have fun and welcome to the club mate.

Comment

Lol, you made me think of Ginger Baker. He is certainly the Cream.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I did not intend the connection Jim but now you have made the association we will run with it. A great drummer but always doped to the eye balls. I saw Cream's farewell gig in 1968 at the RAH. I Will never ever forget that experience.

Comment

I am amazed he is still alive but I think he is too mean to die. He was / is an amazing drummer though.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
              Well after saying I didn't want to go down the vst route I am now down that route with ezdrummer2 and the sound difference is night and day.
              More dynamics and low latency certainly help.
              I've gone from wanting to play fast bashy stuff to a more subtle and clean style which I find really rewarding and a bit more technique orientated.

[mod edit: questions removed, please read our forum descriptions and post your questions in the proper forum]
              ​​​​​​

​​

Comment

Working...
              X