Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Time to start again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start again

Hiya! My name is Jane, and I once planned to become a drummer, but due to some unpleasant circumstances I gave up. Gladly things got better with time, and now I'm planning to return to my hobby. So I came here looking for some tips from more experienced drummers, since I'm choosing my first e-setup (but - unfortunately - I've never worked with something like this before).
    Hope this doesn't sound like an anonymous hobbyist introduction.
    Thanks for reading this, and have a nice day!

ps - think I shouldn't ask for recommendations right here (due to rules!), so I'm going to read the forum first. But thanks anyway!
    Last edited by jdale; 06-02-19, 10:53 PM. Reason: ps added

Hey Jane, welcome to the forum! I think there is enough knowledge here to get you started on a right path (although, picking up drumming is a good start in itself

Lots of friendly faces here, hobbyists and pros alike, don't hesitate to ask anything! Try searching the topics for points of interest, chances are that someone'd already made similar inquiries. Also, make sure to read the rules before posting to keep things oragnized. Rock on!
    °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°
    °•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•°
    °•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•°

Comment

Welcome Jane. Let us know your budget and what your thinking of. I would always say go 2nd hand but run whatever your looking by the people on hear if you are not sure.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby. You’re correct to read the forum and ask your questions in the correct one. MKOK has mentioned a budget which of course is very important. Also try to envision where you want to be with your hobby in a few years and try and buy your second kit first. Also consider taking some lessons to make sure your technique is correct. Most importantly, have fun!
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse Jane. Nice to have another lady present. Ask all you like, there will always be someone here that has an answer. Sadly it wont be me cause I'm an idiot, but there ya go. I try.
            Last edited by John.b; 06-09-19, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
              Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
              Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Working...
              X