Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Hello again...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again...

I have decided to move back to e-drumming after being away from it from several years. I started to distance myself from e-drumming because I wasnít satisfied with the Roland sounds primarily and that was affecting my (relatively few) gig opportunities. I also just recently had to downsize from my house into a small townhome. Now my acoustic drums sit stacked in the corner. And, I also tried my hand at the singer/songwriter thing but who am I kidding? Iím just not a very good singer or guitar player! And then while perusing this forum for the first time in a long while, I happen upon the Mimic Pro...I tell you what, this IS the answer, This thing has re-ignited my interest and drive for that all elusive, simple-to-use, great sounding, intuitive sound module! Now I just need to sell some gear so I can buy it . Where are my guitars?

Welcome back. Get rid of those guitars and get the mimic. You know itís the right thing
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome back to the forum. Good luck with the Mimic Pro. Looking forward to updates on your kit. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

You probably put the guitars on the fire to keep warm and just forgot. Sh-t happens. Anyway, glad you have made your way back home mate.

Comment

Thanks guys! Iím also selling of my extraneous drum gear (I.e. extra snares and cymbals). Iím going to start with the Mimic Pro and see if I can build around my spd-30 with kick and hi hat controller and see where to go from there. Iím also thinking about doing a conversion with my Tama cocktail jam kit...maybe even getting a second one in the same color and creating a double kick configuration. The possibilities seem endless.

Comment

That's why I call it a drum kit. To call it a drum set implies its a full set of drums and all drummers know you can never complete a set of drums.

There is always something else that is needed. Hence a drum kit is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
              That's why I call it a drum kit. To call it a drum set implies its a full set of drums and all drummers know you can never complete a set of drums.

There is always something else that is needed. Hence a drum kit is endless.
              Hmmm. I think weíre getting into some drum philosophy. Iíll need to ponder this for some time.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
              X