Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Hi All - new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All - new member

Joined having just made the move to Roland TD 50 set up alongside my acoustic kit.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Lots of TD-50 owners here.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. A great place to learn and discuss Edrums. I love it. Have a great time here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you followed advice that I would typically give by buying your second kit first. My TD30KV is set up next to my 65 Ludwig Super Classic. I just put new heads on and Iím struggling with tuning them and controlling snare buzz. You never have to do that with eDrums. Have fun!
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

A wealth of knowledge in this forum mate. Use it wisely.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, great place here!

@ jimorlando: try tuning the toms to another note than the note the snare is tuned to. Curious to hear your outcome!

Stijn
              'lectric drumma
              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Stijl,

Thanks, I have to completely retune them and I will try for a different note. The 12 inch rack Tom is the worst offender and I have to balance the note that limits buzz with the note that the drum sonically wants. There is a point where the heads are too loose and the drum sounds flabby and a point where you start choking the drum.

I am also trying to detune the resonant head on the snare and try different tension on the wires without choking the snare drum.

Sometimes starting over completely gets you closer to where you want to be.

Have fun!
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                X