Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

This forum is for introductions only! Do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Back to drumming after 20 year break!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to drumming after 20 year break!

Hi,

Just bought a Roland 17KVX after not playing for 20 years. Set it up today and love it. I'm a little rusty but I'll get there!

Scott
    Last edited by badboybubby; 03-24-19, 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    Roland TDK17KVX + VExpressions Series 3 Kits
    Mapex H800 Hi-Hat
    Mapex P800 Single Pedal
    Mapex Throne

welcome back to drumming! have fun!
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Keep at it. Drums are fun
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by badboybubby View Post
        Hi,

Just bought a Roland 17KVX after not playing for 20 years. Set it up today and love it. I'm a little rusty but I'll get there!

Svott
        Awesome. Muscle memory never leaves you.

Comment

Congrats buddy!!!!! A lot of people here were in the same boat as you due to living situations, kids, jobs, etc. I picked up a kit after about 10 years of not playing, give yourself about a year, you'll be better than what you were when you stopped. The muscle memory never leaves you as Howstamychi said, but it does get weak over time, you'll be back at it in no time. This is a great forum and lots of valuable information from all the members, look forward to hearing from ya, ROCK ON!!!!!!
          Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS, Drum-tec real feel heads. DW 9002 and DW 9500, Vater Sugar Maple Sticks
          Roland RH-300V headphones..... 20 years of playing.... I still suck........

Comment

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to drumming. My break was 40 years and I wasnít very good back then but I love to play. Have fun!
            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome! I took a 20-year break and after retiring from 30 years as a school teacher am now teaching drum lessons, playing with bands and am hoping to start a remote recording business. So you can have a second act.

Comment

Nearly a 40 year break here too. I'm not very good but it's certainly fun. Enjoy. . . .

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!
                  Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
                  Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Just like riding a bike. You'll be popping whellies before long..

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Yea welcome back to drumming mate and welcome to the family. All your questions will be answered here.

Comment

Welcome back to drumming and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                        X