Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

INTRODUCTIONS ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Greetings from Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Wales

I just thought I'd say hi.

I'm a long time V-drum player from Cardiff, South Wales.

I've been playing drums for just over a decade now, as well as other instruments in and out of bands.

My TD-6 kit is still serving me well since I purchased it used in 2010, and I'm using it as a trigger for software kits in Logic Pro X. I've just embarked on recording in a solo project and the learning curve is steep.

I'm here for tips, tricks and to see if I can pick up some cheap replacement CY-12s to replace my slowly failing CY-8s - they've taken quite a pounding and the zone on one has failed

Welcome to the forum. Iím up in Halifax. The cy8 cymbals do seem to fail. I have a few with two on my kit and one on my sons. One of mine doesnít trigger that well on the edge anymore. Itís fine if I hit it hard but doesnít respond to soft hits. Iíll take it apart once I have another cymbal to replace it with. I use SD3 for recording and yes it is a steep learning curve but well worth the effort.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. If youíre interested in saving your CY-8s, search YouTube for CY-8 repair. UFO Drums is a good source for piezios. Have fun!
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea welcome to the asylum mate, from Aylesbury, Bucks. Formerly from West London. Have fun mate.

I'm still using a TD6V.from 2006. It does all I need it to do now.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!
          Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
          Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Working...
          X