Announcement

Collapse

Foyer Posting Guidelines

ē The Foyer is for introductions only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Hello from Gibraltar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Gibraltar

Hi all.... Quick introduction. I've been edrumming on my kit for about 8 months now, I bought an Alesis Command Mesh kit new, based on not knowing if I'd actually use it or not.

Well the fact is I've been drumming every day since. I have found it to be an excellent stress release. I've always loved drumming from a young age but never owned an acoustic kit, grew up in a small house with no space and we didn't have much money for music equipment or lessons. I drove my parents mad tapping away at things.

I've also got my 13 year old daughter into the kit, and she's taking lessons so getting the use of an acoustic kit once a week too.

Thought I'd sign up to this forum, as I'm starting to feel limited by the kit. I already bought another crash and replaced the kick pedal with a Pearl P930. I think getting some input from experienced edrummers will help me before upgrading anything else.
    Alesis Command Mesh Kit

There's a ton of information and support here, welcome! In the end, your next kit will depend on your usage and your wallet. Good luck.
    E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Take your time and do your research before you buy a new kit. Think about where you want to be a year or so down the road and try and buy as much kit as you can afford. If you havenít taken lessons, consider that as well. YouTube is a great resource as well as Drumeo. Have fun! Oh, by the way, itís really cool that youíre from Gilbaltar.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!
        Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
        Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Hi Mate from a hamlet in England called Gibraltar. A long way from the sea though. Anyway, loads of brains here. Just make sure you post your questions in the right place to get noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            Hi Mate from a hamlet in England called Gibraltar. A long way from the sea though. Anyway, loads of brains here. Just make sure you post your questions in the right place to get noticed.
            I never knew about that place, just googled it. It makes searching for things about drums relating to people / places here quite difficult, I just get tonnes of results about drum hardware
            Alesis Command Mesh Kit

Comment

Yea mate I know the feeling. I am about 4 miles south of Aylesbury. If you are ever this way, pop in for a cuppa.

Comment

Working...
              X