Greetings from Guildford!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Guildford!

I've been playing a Roland TD-1KV kit for 2 years now (branching out from playing guitar for 25? years...) and I only just noticed this forum existed! My day job is as a computer games programmer (LittleBigPlanet/Sony) Anyway, I was struggling at drums so I wrote an iOS game called Funktris to help me learn and much to my amazement it actually seems to be working.

Hello Guildford! Assume you frequent Andertons?
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Indeed I do, not only have I bought a small mountain of gear from Andertons over the years, I have also met many fine musicians such as Craig Blundell and Guthrie Govan at their clinics that they do every so often, we really are super lucky here!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Very cool to develop a program to help you learn how to play. There are lots of resources here and on YouTube to help you as well. Have fun!
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Hello back from Ashtead, can't wait for you to do an android version!

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah it's a bit bizarre, I guess I'm starting a bit late in life and unfortunately didn't learn to read music as a kid so decoding the drum notation mentally takes me ages. I just wanted it on a nice grid, I guess I'm a visual learner where as probably most drummers just hear overlapping rhythms and easily translate them to flailing limbs? Sadly no plans for an android version at the moment, I guess I'll have to see how long my "vintage" iPad that still has a headphone jack lasts! That said there are probably some bargains to be had on old ones at CEX plus iSmash seem to be good at fixing the batteries... man... maybe I should switch.

Comment

Yea back in my day mate, the only way to learn was to watch and listen. It did mean though that you saw loads of live bands. Not so easy these days unless you have loads of money. But YouTube just has so much stuff on it.

Comment

I think I'd find it hard to somehow remember exactly what was played in a whole show AND then work it out again the next day, but nonetheless I feel inspired every time I go to see something live far beyond seeing it on YT. Can't beat live!

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
                  Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Working...
                  X