New to electronic drums, but not to drumming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to electronic drums, but not to drumming

I've been in the drummer in the same rock and roll band for 53 years. I've owned my Slingerland acoustic kit since I bought it new in 1985. The band still plays, but it's more for charity gigs now, and it isn't as often. It's still as much fun as it's always been, though. Due to health issues, I was recently given a 35-pound weight lifting limit. So, I looked into electronic drums, thinking they would be easier to transport. I bought an old Yamaha DTXpress kit off Craigslist to see if I liked using edrums. I did, so I sold them on Craigslist and bought a new Roland TD-17KV kit. I love it. Surprisingly, the rest of the band loves it, too. The kit has done well during practices. Our next gig is New Years Eve, and I plan to debut the edrums at that time. Hopefully, all will go well.

Not having played or been around edrums, I'm still getting used to using them, so I will no doubt be asking a few questions here on the forum in the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to learning more about them and getting the most out of them.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new kit. Good luck with it. Very cool you’re still in the same rock band after all these years. I hope you’re still enjoying the Slingerland kit as well. Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Well done with the 53 years in one band mate. I gigged for 25 in rock bands and apart from me and the lead guitarist, everyone else changed every other month it seemed, and as far as I can remember, we had seven or eight different band names in that time.

Good luck with the Ekit on-stage. Let us know how it all works out.

Comment

Working...
      X