Greetings from the Bay Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Bay Area

I'm a bass player looking to build my on vdrums rig. I'm grateful for any input and knowledge I can gain from this site. Cheers

Hi mate from the other side of the pond. All your questions can be answered here, just make sure you post in the right place.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Have fun! Hopefully you’ll have a human playing your edrum rig! I hope the fires are not impacting you too much and that they can get them under control.
      Last edited by jimorlando; 11-21-18, 06:42 AM.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome John.b and jimorlando. The fires here in N CA are tragic with the loss of so many lives. The forests are so dry that they went up like tinder. Luckily, we are due for our first rains of the winter tomorrow evening. Hopefully that will help the firefighters......but we will always have to be vigilant for mudslides if mother nature gives us too much rain. Thanks to all for their best wishes during this tough time here in Northern CA. As for drums, in a former life, I was the VP for the Americas for Steinberg Media Technology (Cubase/Nuendo, etc). My Vdrums endeavor will be to build a rig for real drummers to record MIDI tracks driving either Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc. For live, I'll be taking MIDI through a Muse Receptor with the same programs to multi channel for FOH. The drummer in my band and I will be developing the rig together.....I'll still be on bass.

Comment

Very cool. I am glad that the drummer will be human. Good luck with the vDrum build. California is a beautiful state but the weather is extreme.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
          X