60 yr old newbie...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 yr old newbie...

Well, turned 60 few months ago but played drums on and off between the ages of 20-30 on the stage then between the ages of 40-50 at home just to bug the wife...
    Recently at my new church mentioned they need a drummer for their worship group... So this 60 yr old man will become a drummer again... Hi to all from CA, USA...

Welcome to the forum. Youíre a youngster. What kit to you have and what kit will you play at church? Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Nice one mate. Glad to know you still have the stamina for it. I am nearly 70 and struggle with playing (at home) for more than half an hour now. Still the thought is there, even if the body parts and energy arnt. Ok so I can still lay it down, but not for long. Its good you are still up for it.

Comment

Stamina??? Well not for two long... Thankfully when you play at a church it is not like a 3 hr concert. 4-5 songs at 3 minutes each approx. than 1 hr rest and then 2 more songs and then ta-da back to home
        I'll be so happy if I could still play 1/2 hr when I am 70...

Comment

Well I hope to keep going longer God willing. Iím still pole vaulting at 57!
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
            Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
            Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Iím 64 (thereís a song about that) and Iím struggling but Iím getting a new hip on November 5 and I have high expectations. As long as youíre trying, youíre still drumming.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea the very thought that one day, I may have to give up drumming, fills me with terror. Its the only way now that I can interact with something that has been a major part of my life. I think losing that would just about finish me off.

Comment

Working...
                X