Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kid from South Australia

Hi all.
    Just arrived here after being a drummer for a lot of years but only recently bought an old Yamaha DTXpress II.
    Got the bug and brought home a TD11KV today.
    This first thing I'll change is to increase the size of the 2 smallest pads.
    I am also planning to build a hybrid kit out a smaller acoustic kit I can't seem to sell.
    Apologies in advance for all the dumb questions to come......
    Thanks folks!

Welcome to the forum. I see that GAS is setting in quickly. Lots of good information here. Have fun.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

If you need trigger cones or mesh heads, give me a yell. Iím in Brisbane, but happy to ship.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Welcome. I promise to ask more dumber questions than you so don't worry about it!!!
          TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

TonyT12,

That's a clever setup you've got with your TD-11 rack! You solved the problem I've always had with e-drums and racks, which is that the side bars get in the way of where I want to position the hi-hat stand and other instruments. Do you find the rack any less stable that way?

Comment

I'm actually quite a hard hitter but haven't noticed any instability.
              I only set it up that way to put the kick and 'floor toms' in the same position as my acoustic kits.
              Glad it gave you some ideas!

Comment

Today's update.
                I couldnt cope with those tiny pads...........
                And yes, when I straightened the rack out further, it did get a little unstable so I braced it to a cymbal stand on the right and added a leg on the left.

Comment

I will stay tuned for more GAS!
                  Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                  X