Hi from Jacksonville Florida USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Jacksonville Florida USA

Hi, long time electronic percussionist, 21 years now, professional drummer since 1974. I've loved the Alesis D4 and DM5 modules throughout the 1990s with a Roland rack and Dauz premium rubber pads. Now I've got two Alesis Strike Pro kits and a Roland VH-11 until Alesis fixes their hi-hat woes.
    Last edited by Bobby.Kidd; 03-13-18, 07:36 AM.
    Strive to learn something new every day.

Welcome to the forum. I see youíve been around for a while. Post some photos of your kit and have fun.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome aboard from the Specific Northwest.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
        Welcome aboard from the Specific Northwest.
        you donít have to be so exact. LOL. Just like putting gasoline on an FD-8.

Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

LOL, My OCD kicks in without warning at the damnedest times.
          Or...........maybe I'm just an As---- in denial. Naw, that's not it!
          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Welcome welcome! Got any video links? Your experience with this equipment will be helpful to other forum members, be sure to share the love! How about some pics from today or back in the day?

Have fun here!

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Hey Kenster, thanks! You know, I really don't... it pains me to say that, too. I wish I had thought to do that kind of stuff. Back then, there was no Facebook or YouTube. There are a few VHS tapes of shows but the quality is horrific. What I DO have, are MP3s of my club days playing covers with the D4 and DM5, with conventional cymbals and a mix of Dauz, Kat and Roland pads. I used to get kudos from a ton of people at the clubs in between sets, and even from the musicians from the other bands that were playing with us on those dates. I think it's why I've stuck with Alesis all these years. You can say all you want about how much better Roland is, but I've had nothing but great results with Alesis stuff.
              Strive to learn something new every day.

Comment

Working...
              X