Hi from Brighton, Mi.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Brighton, Mi.

At a young 59 years old, I just picked up a Roland TD25KV. I plan on using it to replace my acoustic drums at the bars. As a lead singing drummer, we were trying to get better control of vocals and stage volume. All members of my band use in ear monitors. We are trying to go without stage amplification to avoid unwanted noise. It does sound quite peculiar from the side of the stage, but I love the sounds of the kits. I put together a primary kit for 90% of the dance material, but added a nice live rock kit for the rock covers. The sound engineer says it's a work in progress as we go from room to room, but he is capable and I'm convinced the struggles we have right now will be worked out down the road. I did purchase an extra pad and cymbal for a second floor tom and ride, so I'm maxed out on the controller. I do also use a KAT 4-pad device for cowbell, hand claps, etc. The kit looked a little meager on stage, so I taped my custom bass drum batter to the rim and mounted it onto a small mic stand. It's a stand-alone accessory and helps to make the kit look a little more acoustic. Also, we have placed the drums out front, stage left, flanked to the keyboards. Wish me luck!!

Welcome to the forum. Nice introduction. Have fun. Good luck working out the new kit.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and to the madness! Nice looking kit! And where the heck did you find "Animal"?!
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Animal is a nice touch.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Absolutely! He's one of my favourite drummers . You should look him up on youtube with Moreno, hehe...
          'lectric drumma
          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Wow! Another singing drummer, WELCOME! GOnna have to look up some vids of you guys now lol. Yep you will love the educed stage volume and set up, and yes, you and your sound guy will get the ound dialed in no worries. Have you tried VEX for your module yet?

Enjoy the madness here and thanks for sharing!

K
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
            X