Hello drummers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello drummers...

Newbie drummer and also new V-Drums owner here. I'm getting lessons, but I'm very much on the foothills of drumming, if that: what I have in my head definitely suffers on its way to the kit. But I aim to scale the heights as far as I can go, so wish me luck... And full respect to all of you who have mastered the drums, whatever your style.

The Roland kit is an incredible piece of equipment - far more talented that I am, and far more neighbour-friendly than I am as well, but it was somewhat daunting to unpack it, set it up, connect it all together and get playing. So many boxes. So many wires. I'm struggling a bit with the VH-13 as it doesn't seem to choke as well as acoustic hi-hats, but this is probably just a case of me learning my craft.

Anyway, enough of my verbiage... back to playing.

Welcome to the forum. Smart move taking lessons. You might want to calibrate the VH-13 hi hats. Itís done though the module with the clutch loosened. Check your manual itís pretty easy and needs to be done anytime you move them or adjust them.
    Good luck and have fun.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the forum - and to the madness . A lof of very knowledgeable and helpful people here, if you have questions and you won't get the answer here, well.. you probably won't find it elsewere either . As far as the "far more talented"-part is concerned, never forget, hard work beats talent. And if at some point you get frustrated, don't look at what you can't, look at what you can!

As jimorlando said, smart move about taking lessons!

What kind of kit did you buy?

Stijn
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

TD-50kv. My mid life crisis. I have a very understanding wife.

Comment

Originally posted by ephemeral View Post
          She could do worse than to have an aspiring drummer on her hands. Not MUCH worse, but worse!
          Main Kit: Mimic Pro, PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
          Mini Kit: TD-30, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-13R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

Originally posted by ephemeral View Post
            Nice for a first kit . Reminds me of how did it back in the days, immediately a high(er) end one instead of a lower end one that you'll grow out of in a bit.

Lucky man, so you're the one that found her .
            'lectric drumma
            Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by jimorlando View Post
              Welcome to the forum. Smart move taking lessons. You might want to calibrate the VH-13 hi hats. Itís done though the module with the clutch loosened. Check your manual itís pretty easy and needs to be done anytime you move them or adjust them.
              Good luck and have fun.
              Thanks - I've done this; and I think the VH-13 is operating perfectly to spec, but I'm not! I'm thinking that Roland could do with bringing out a 'digital' Hi-Hat given how good the digital ride and digital snare in the TD-50kv is, and they could do with making the Hi-Hats size a bit more like acoustic ones. I notice there a newer VH-13, the VH-13-mg, that doesn't come with the TD-50kv, but does offer 'an improved motion sensor' - https://www.roland.com/global/products/vh-13-mg/ - and it'd be interesting for someone to outline the differences, as Roland are being a bit coy.

Comment

With a starter kit like the TD-50KV, you definitely followed the advice of buying your second kit first. I think my TD30KV came with the VH-13-MG hi hats. I think the MG is the color (metallic gray) of the cymbal but Iíll defer to the more knowledgeable forum members.
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the nut house! You won't find anyone offended you called them a "drummer" when they have visions of granduer as a "precussioist" lol. Let's see some pics of you and the grand kit!

Have FUN here!

Make sure to post tech questions in the right threads, you get WAY better responses.

K
                  My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                  E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                  A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                  A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                  X