Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't played in 13 years

Hi,

I'm John. I played drums from age 11 to age 33. For some reason, I decided to sell my set, and then never bought another one. But, I've pre-ordered the Alesis Strike Pro, which Kraft assures me will be delivered soon. We'll see. I wonder how rusty I am. Probably like starting over.

I played snare for the first year, and a full set after that. I had acoustic sets until Alesis released the DM5, and then I made the switch. I played that set until I sold it. It was...bad. Some sort of off-brand pads with triggering problems. Pads for cymbals, too. It was still a blast to play. Did a few live gigs. And then I sold it.

Anyway, hi. I will probably have dozens of questions. See you around!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new kit and return to a great hobby.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the fun house! POst some pics of you and your new set when you get sorted out. Any pics or vids of your previous playing?
      Have fun here!

K
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
        Welcome to the fun house! POst some pics of you and your new set when you get sorted out. Any pics or vids of your previous playing?
        Have fun here!

K
        Thanks!

I have nothing. There were some from a Trees show we did in Dallas, but I think I lost them in a PC swap.

I will attempt an unboxing video, and some thoughts during setup. And of course, video of me actually playing.

Comment

years ago i quit playing for 6 years, yes a little rusty but came back losing all my previous bad habits and became a much better drummer pretty quick like. it's like riding a bike!
          have fun and welcome to the madness!
          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
          BBE Sonic Maximizer, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
            came back losing all my previous bad habits and became a much better drummer pretty quick like.
            I played from age 15 to 20ish then about 5 times in 15 years - and every time I played, my jam mates told me I improved my style over the years.
            My brain kept playing all this time I guess.

Now I'm back, assembling an A2E kit (Acoustic with module and triggers - still working on the cymbals solution, but it's almost done)

Welcome back to drumming

Comment

I quit for 13 years too, 31 till 44ish. I started again 4ish years ago and it all cane right back. Playing huge gigs again and getting some radio play, etc. Just do it and never look back! Welcome!
              TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads - three rack toms, one floor, one kick with dual pedal, snare, three aux pads, three Gen16 crashes, one Gen16 Ride and Gen16 hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and The JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, http://bwajda12.wix.com/jamco

Comment

Working...
              X